Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Aquacraft Super-Vee 27 Nitro.

Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Aquacraft Super-Vee 27 Nitro.

Old 08-19-2010, 10:27 PM
res3567

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Aquacraft Super-Vee 27 Nitro.

You packing a MVD?
Old 08-19-2010, 10:44 PM
ka350kaptain

yep, all stock though for very informal racing at my club pond. 2 SV27 boats. One nitro, and one electric.
Old 08-19-2010, 10:50 PM
res3567

So the SuperTigre is a less expensive replacement in case the OS fails?
Old 08-20-2010, 08:22 AM
ka350kaptain

I was going to replace it with another Aquacraft .18, when Tower had them for $52, but they have discontinued them. So, its either $170 for the OS CVR-M, or $100 for the Super Tiger .18. I know the CVR-M would make it into a rocket, but I just run this one for fun up at the cottage.
Old 08-20-2010, 08:34 AM
amax

There Is another Option,,,, that's Cheaper than the OS but it will also make it a rocket,,even more than the OS..
Old 08-20-2010, 09:11 AM
ka350kaptain

what would that be? Please share with the class.
Old 08-20-2010, 10:16 AM
amax

My Stage 1 modified Go Engine .18 in either Rear or Side Exhaust,,
Old 08-20-2010, 10:33 AM
ka350kaptain

where can i get ahold of one? Prefer the side exhaust.
Old 08-20-2010, 10:38 AM
ka350kaptain

Never mind.. found you.
Old 08-20-2010, 12:41 PM
scha0786

hello,

just bought a supervee27 nitro from a guy and I've had it out three times now, all I can say is wow! way better then my traxxas nitro vee. Anywho, Couple of things I was wondering.

why do I always have a darkest thick goo in the boat after some good running? I am thinking its because I am running it on the fat side. I don't think the hull is leaking, I put new zip ties on the pipe connection but i haven't run it since that mod.

this receiver box has broken tabs on the front, any cheap mods to do before dropping the 38.00 dollars at tower hobbies? Right now I am using safety wiring to keep er in place.

what is the link to tower hobbies for the electric start option (the one where you use the hand held starter and a v-belt? getting sick of pulling this thing.

what is the low speed screw setting on these? I know the high but could never find the low.

One more question, I have the futaba radio and servos that came with it, I put fresh batteries in the receiver and radio when I bought it from the guy. How long do they typically last? 3 runs, 12 runs? or how many hours? 1-2 etc

What is done so far, put a chunk of noodle in there for more floatation in case of roll over. The grim racer 2 blade prop, don't know which pitchxdiam yet. I am happy with the purchase for $125 and am having a blast running this thing.
Old 08-20-2010, 09:30 PM
Serpents Den

if my guess is correct, the goo you are mentioning is around the stuffing tube? that would be the grease being flung out from the flex shaft while it is running...you will be removing the flex shaft every few runs to grease it up, you dont want it to break on you from excessive wearand lose the drivedog and prop besides having to replace the flexshaft.... as a forethought and not related to this, make sure all your bolts and fasteners are tight and using loctite...check them periodically...including the pressure fitting on your exhaust...check all your lines and fuel tank to make sure there are no leaks...can cause starting and running issues if they are...

as far as your batteries go.. you shouldnt have to worry about it if you are running a few tanks or more in a day, just install fresh ones at the end, or recharge them overnight if they are rechargeables.. your transmitter isnt on all the time even though you could keep it on for a couple hrs straight before worrying about it, and you always shut it off after your boat (and on before the boat) anyways...

you could invest in another radio box but an easy way out is remove it altogether from the hull, (sand down the blind nuts underneath so they are flush with bottom of mount) and run a couple of rubberbands around the box and lid b4 fastening it again...easy to take off the lid and wont really need to worry about those tabs again unless the bands break on you..there are some peeps that do and have made their own radio boxes for their boats....most are made of wood and/or acrylic....

tower hobbies has a few starters to choose from...some are powered by a power panel or clipped onto a car/motorcycle/drycell battery for power, or you can get one with a built in battery (still need to buy the battery pack/s unfortunately) normally used for planes or helicopters...i have one from Align for my TRex 600N that the battery is installed in the handle...is expensive but to me, worth it...less gear to lug around. the belt, get the 17 inch starter belt, its better to have one a bit long than one that is too short....and easy to tuck it away....you can use the search bar in tower's site to find both....like i said, there will be a few starters to choose from...

good starting point for low and hi speed needles for me were around 2 1/4 to 2 1/2.....guys chime in if im not correct... this boat is a fun one, my friend, you shouldn't be dissappointed. read all the pages in this thread, you'll find a ton of info you can use to your advantage, and there's a ton of peeps in here that are a wealth of info and willing to help out Ron Olsen, toyotatruckin, amax etc....too many peeps in here to list that are nice folks willing to help with their experiences and advice...
Old 08-20-2010, 09:58 PM
res3567

Hi Den....were have you been? Ha!!!!! Anyway, my story for today. While I was waiting for my cowl to arrive,I started the boat and noticed the prop was not spinning properly. My drive dog's grub screw was loose. I have small allen wrenches, but none that small...the drive dog was part of a package:

http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...od=ose-svcable

So I purchased the Octura one:

http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...rod=oct-oc6dmm

And the grub is still too small. My smallest allen wrench is 1.5mm, and I went to my LHS and they had a 1.27mm....perfect fit.
Put it on and no problems! The boat ran great today and even barreled rolled in the wind and choppy waters....I was lucky it rolledright side up. The engine spurted a little like it was dizzy and then she was back to normal.

For you newbies......scha0786 and others:

Upgrading to a bigger flex shaft like in the link aboveis a great idea asmy stock onebroke after a couple of runs.

This is the prop I am running:
http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...od=dh-aqub9720

Excellent prop. My stock plastic one broke after my first run....on of the blades had a chunk missing. I may have hit a submerged turtle.

And they ARE SHARP!!!! I cut my finger trying to install the drive dog

Old 08-20-2010, 10:26 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

That's the size! I knew that when you PM'ed me the other night that it some some odd metric size. Why an American compnay went with a metric grub screw I don't know unless he has them made overseas. I thought that my toolbox was in the basement but was out in my trailer otherwise I could have gotten the right size for you.
The Octura props I can understand as the diameters and pitches work out better that way instead of using inches.
Old 08-20-2010, 10:41 PM
res3567

I really APPRECIATEall of your help. Again for you newbies, the prop I have was reccomended by Ron Olson. And yes Ron, that was part of my frustration; and American company going with a very tiny and ODD metric size!
Old 08-20-2010, 11:30 PM
Ron Olson

Hey, it was great talking to you on the phone!
We spent some time swapping PM's so I finally gave him my phone number and we chatted until my cell phone's battery went dead, almost 2-1/2 hours! The phone had been on all day though and I surf the web a lot on it at work.
Old 08-21-2010, 12:08 AM
toyotatruckin

good thing the battery went dead or ron would still be talking, lol
Old 08-21-2010, 12:56 AM
Ron Olson

Mike, you do know how I am! Call me anytime if you've still got my number.
Old 08-21-2010, 01:20 AM
toyotatruckin

ron I have about 50 numbers written down and 90% dont have names to them, Im sure I have it someplace shoot it to me in PM I dont clean that out very often lol
Old 08-21-2010, 01:31 AM
Serpents Den

Kewl Res glad you were able to figure that out...i'll have to mark it down and keep in my boat's toolbox for reference and keep my eyes out for an allen set or just that one....yea i read and post in quite a few different threads, nitro and gas boats, nitro and electric heli's (havent posted in these yet...)   14 heli's, 23 planes, 5 boats...they all keep me busy..let alone playing WoW online...

Old 08-21-2010, 07:35 AM
res3567

LOL!!!! I am the same way.....lots of hobbyinfo to share as some life stories. It is good to talk toone anther to hear the voice behind the posts.....and the avitars. Ron, we will talk again soon.
ORIGINAL: toyotatruckin

good thing the battery went dead or ron would still be talking, lol
Old 08-21-2010, 07:39 AM
res3567

Ok Den...this is the size for the Octura drive dog....1.27mm....the stock one uses 1.5mm. Man....you have enough vehicles to start your own hobby shop if you decide to sell them....
ORIGINAL: Serpents Den

Kewl Res glad you were able to figure that out...i'll have to mark it down and keep in my boat's toolbox for reference and keep my eyes out for an allen set or just that one....yea iread and post in quite a few different threads, nitro and gas boats, nitro and electric heli's (havent posted in these yet...) 14 heli's, 23 planes, 5 boats...they all keep me busy..let alone playing WoW online...

Old 08-22-2010, 02:00 PM
apache 1

Has anyone replaced their stock 18 with the cvr-m 18 yet. I'd like to know how it went.
Old 08-22-2010, 03:39 PM
V24 1

Yeah i have take a look at my vid near the top of this page
Old 08-22-2010, 03:45 PM
V24 1

My vid of my superv27 with os 18 cvr-m and a 40x53 three blademetal prophttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5m5eJhVoDw
Old 08-23-2010, 12:40 PM
mister twister

Wow that is a cool vid that thing really rocks........

New to model boating but not new to RC Hobbies.

Where are you guys getting your Boat Fuel? TH is pretty expensive for fuel and if you don't buy quarts you have to get 4 Gallons. I wont be racing so 30% would be fine. The new fuel from grim looks nice. I have some Nitrotane but that is made by Losi for cars I used to use it in the Truggy I had.

Serpents Den,

You and I are not that far apart. I live next to Oneida Lake in Blossvale NY. Are you getting your fuel locally or Mail order? Also do you belong to any Boating clubs in the area?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.