Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

New to hydros

Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

New to hydros

Old 04-30-2007, 10:25 PM
briansfamous

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to hydros

Well, not only am I new to Hydros but also the whole boating scene. I'm an ex-r/c buggy racer who left the scene awhile back but have been itching to return. Today I purchased a Miss Las Vegas from Towerhobbies and am expecting it to arrive on Thursday. I'm out in Phoenix Arizona so if there are any others out there who'd be intrested in helping a " noob " let me know. I've got alot of stuff I want to learn before I let my vegas see her first drop of water.
Old 04-30-2007, 10:40 PM
rcBPman04

Default RE: New to hydros

cheak out all the threads on the miss vegas......And twisted liquid racing has alot of uprades for it. TLR got it going 40+mph so it has alot of potential.
Old 04-30-2007, 11:11 PM
briansfamous

i've been reading that thread for the past two hours, lol, checked out tlr and think i may order a few of their parts here soon.
Old 05-01-2007, 05:59 AM
Sean Bowf

If you intend to race your vegas...be careful what you put on it if you want to run in the RTR stock class. There isnt much you can change on it for this class (prop, turn fin...that is about it).

If you intend to run for fun, or race in the mod RTR class...go for it.

Sean
Old 05-01-2007, 05:32 PM
joseywales

Join the club! I'm new to and got out of The truck seen long time ago too.But My girl friend got me very interested in boats.I love the hydro's too. Yes your going to love your vegas big time how she runs!!!
Old 05-01-2007, 05:58 PM
piper_chuck
My Feedback: (12)

ORIGINAL: Sean Bowf

If you intend to race your vegas...be careful what you put on it if you want to run in the RTR stock class. There isnt much you can change on it for this class (prop, turn fin...that is about it).

If you intend to run for fun, or race in the mod RTR class...go for it.
Also of interest is that it's been reported by several people here that it's not hard to make the boat go fast without spending lots of $ on aftermarket parts. Attention to details like the bottom, prop choice, strut height and alignment, engine tuning, etc will provide quite a bit of boost in speed. Even after spending $ on parts, if one ignores these things, the boat is not going to be any faster.
Old 05-01-2007, 09:48 PM
Sean Bowf

I GPSed mine at 33.1MPH...that is with a 3.3oz GPS in the boat. So I am guessing 34-35 with my current setup without the weight of the GPS. This is with the stock engine, turn fin, rudder, and nothing done to the bottom of the boat.

Sean