Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Rossi engine parts source

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Rossi engine parts source

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2007, 03:20 PM
skoda450

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rossi engine parts source

I can't seem to find an on-line source for Rossi engine parts. Any one know where I can find a parts dealer? Looking for parts for a Rossi marine 90. I ran a new engine and threw the rod in the first 15 seconds of stand running with 30% nitro and 18% synthetic oil. Did I cause it or is it just bad luck?
Old 05-06-2007, 08:43 PM
Cristian Aldana

Default RE: Rossi engine parts source

See:

http://morrishobbies.com/default.php...acturers_id=11

http://hyperformanceproducts.com/

http://shop.vendio.com/RossiEnginesUSA/

Luck
Old 05-08-2007, 08:20 AM
Square Nozzle
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Explain this "stand running" with a marine engine. If you ran the engine at high RPM without a load, the engine failure is your fault. You cannot run a marine engine out of the water without a load. It will over rev and blow a connecting rod every time. Just supplying water to cool the engine is not the answer. Put the engine in your boat and get it in the water so the prop supplies a load for the engine. You learned a lesson the hard way if that is what you were doing.
Old 05-29-2007, 09:03 PM
skoda450

John, Thanks for the reply. The engine was in a boat and only ran for 15 seconds one time. I did not rev it but twice just to keep it running, as it was new and the needle was very rich and not anywhere near where it should be. I race nitro and gas boats and they always run without water for at least 30 sec to a minute before they get in the water.
I think that the crank rod lube holes were plugged-up. The motor was given to me as used but I did not take it apart as it was very clean. When I did a post mortum on the interior I found brown goo in the corners of the crank case. Looks like who ever owned it left fuel with castor in it and that did it in.

Still looking for a source of parts.
Old 08-24-2009, 09:24 PM
Thunder8A36
My Feedback: (5)

If you still needing Rossi 90 parts I have a couple of brand new 90 DF wich is mainly same engine.

PM me
Old 08-24-2009, 10:07 PM
Glenn Quarles

I have a few NOS parts in stock. I'm pretty sure I have a rod or two. You can give me a call at 210 392-2271.

Glenn