Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

New Miss Vegas 2 thread,to make her better and faster.

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

New Miss Vegas 2 thread,to make her better and faster.

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 09:18 AM
misshydro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Miss Vegas 2 thread,to make her better and faster.

I dont hardly add much weight at all.I'm still running stock,just repotion them add two thin alum angle pieces so my cowl wont crack like the proboat tail fins plus mine stills unbolts and can run stock tail fins and horizonal wing too. No If I run the big block I have a thundertiger that has a SG crank and I'd cut off the smooth,none threaded part off so that will give me about 1/2 to move my motor back to mid ship.That less weight on the nose=she can still get up on plane. Here's my plans,I have two buds and very super soon I'll have two vegas's.One bud and one vegas will have the .18s in them. the other bud and vegas will have.21s in them.There's nothing wrong will that is it?[&:] Dirtysouth your meanieLOL!!
Old 05-23-2007, 10:06 AM
toyotatruckin

I can tell ya at high speed with the stock fin the vegas starts handiling like crap.......
ORIGINAL: dirtysouth31

yeah the one in last place with all the weight your adding sorry i just couldnt resist
Old 05-23-2007, 10:14 AM
Dan S

with the 21 and keeping the .150 flex you may start snapping them I say may because you could be lucky and not break them or just one a season, but if its too often the best thing to do would be to upgrade to a .187 flex with 3/16 stub.

Underproping will cause you engine to exceed its recommended rpm's, ending up breaking conrod and anything else in its way.

Dan.
Old 05-23-2007, 10:31 AM
misshydro

Toyota .Russ also sent me Grims turn fin as a gift too.He's packet the turn fin in the on the outside of the vegas box! I dont like the vegas stock turn fin eather,to small for this size of boat. I'd notices that the vegas is the same with as the proboat in the center,The vegas is longer by three 3inc,but the vegas has a long and lean look to her.It's like taking a Miss bud and streched it out 3 inc.At first when I saw the vegas I didnt like the looks,but after awile I started to like the vegas! Now since I got one!! I'd shouldve gotton one in the first place! Great job on the desighn work Jerry!! Somebody should build a real one to race in the hydro circit.
Old 05-23-2007, 12:07 PM
dirtysouth31

ORIGINAL: Dan S

with the 21 and keeping the .150 flex you may start snapping them

hey thats what i said
Old 05-23-2007, 03:21 PM
nitro Ahmed

i wasn't actually hitting full throtle, i've been very carefull with it + running it rich as you would also see in the next vid. and about the prop size i have already ordered a x435/3 fully sharpened and balanced, but STILL WAITING FOR IT TO ARRIVE AND IT'S TAKING FOR EVER[:@] and also a custom vegas shaft which i supose just might be able to handle just maybe and a mac 3.5 exsaust pipe, BUT ALSO NOT HERE YET[:@][:@] still so much work to be done like reshaping and sharpening rudder and hull bottom and sponson jobs and higher nitro coz i was running 15 for the past two days.
Old 05-23-2007, 04:24 PM
dirtysouth31

good luck on your order[sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=spinnyeyes.gif] and i really dont think the custom shaft is anything different than the standard .150 shaft that comes with it already.and i just caught something if your running the stock pipe you might mess up that motor,too much back pressure could snap the connecting rod and screw up other things as well.motors like that need room to breath,your just restricting it
Old 05-23-2007, 06:27 PM
toyotatruckin

....stock pipe is to small as dirty said, and for a .21 your gonna need to run 3/16 stub shaft so it can be proped right and .150 on that .21 is too small of cable...
Old 05-23-2007, 08:39 PM
misshydro

I'm going to run a .187 cable too. Well I have to say,Dont cut out the lower front scoops at is on the deck,it's letting water in.I'm going to put clear plastic behind them.But if your running her in glass water them cut them out.[8D] I'd almost sink her twise today! I'd adjusted the strut 1/2 from center to boat bottom. She'd nose dived in the water[:@],had a paddle boat to get her.The second time I'd finaly ran her in our grand lake today.She ran awsome bouncing off of small 2"waves/swells ,boy she was flying,but hit one and she nosed dived in again![:@] Didnt have a boat,I'd swam out to retrive her. I'd retried the 440/3 again after the last time and cut the prop smaller.Boy she picked up on speed. Still alittle much for the.18 but should be good for the.21! I did burn three more tank today,thats six tank now.Now I have to get the x437/3 prop.
Old 05-23-2007, 09:11 PM
hdking46

miss H i run m435/3 and love it.. what % nitro are u running and what speeds?
Old 05-23-2007, 09:24 PM
misshydro

I'm 33%.traxxas top fuel. I know thats car stuff but nobody around here sells boat fuel!![:@] For the time being I'm using it,but I'm adding 5oz to one quart of that fuel.Thats what Chuck and Ron sudjested to me to add,So it's 19% oil. I'm going to start mail ordering boat fuel.Speeds,well I dont have a gbs,but just gessing about 35 mhp?[&:] It was funny and neat to see that boat jumping off the swells!!
Old 05-23-2007, 09:34 PM
wave waker

[quote]ORIGINAL: misshydro

but hit one and she nosed dived in again![:@] Didnt have a boat,I'd swam out to retrive her.

HAHAHAHA[sm=thumbup.gif][sm=biggrin.gif][sm=drowning.gif]..
Old 05-23-2007, 10:08 PM
toyotatruckin

MissH I have a tip for you.........Hole's thats the tip........... Drill some holes in your transom to let the water out, holes need to be at the bottom of transom close to the floor of the boat, put one in each sponson and two in the main area of the transom.......the little holes you cut for vents are not the only place water is getting in......the big snorkle on the top is where most is commin from....... your boat wont sink with the holes you add but water will come in at a stop but the foam will kep it up in the water...........Auto bailers wont do the trick on the vegas as it adds weight drag if you stick them out to far and if put in flush wont let enough water out.........If you want After i drill mine out ill take some pics so you have an idea of where to put them......
Old 05-23-2007, 10:19 PM
misshydro

That would be great on the pics! But I know where the water is comming at.the deck scoop and I got to put the water seal in to.Because When I first take off the water is going alittle on top of the deck on take off or slow to stop. Plus I havent finishing the brass tube at the exaust and water inlet yet. When I do those things that should stop the water.[8D] But I did have fun today!! Just love the wave jumps/skips!! I'm going to paint the motor compartment tomarrow dark purple!!
Old 05-23-2007, 10:52 PM
toyotatruckin

Im gonna leave the engine bay raw no paint...I also was going to leave it yellow with all CG marks primer spots etc. but was talked out of it....Was told that its just wrong to mod a boat and not change the color.......Im thinkin JR boat number two....Kinda like the green vegas in my profile But not green..not sure yet though I had the base mixed up yesterday just not sure if I should break out the airbrush yet or not been so long since i have airbrushed it might just look bad..LOL base wont be a problem though
Old 05-23-2007, 11:12 PM
misshydro

I'm thinking about chopping and dropping the radio box/make it low profile,for better air flow. You know what?I'd just got an idea!!! I'll make two rubber plugs for the deck scoops,Then if I run in none clam water I'll stick the scoops plugs in for that and clam water unplug them.
Old 05-24-2007, 12:00 AM
nitro Ahmed

i really didnt want to run her with all the stock parts, but i couldnt help it, i couldnt just let her sitting on the stand, i just had to see what the engine can do, besides i never give her full throtle ( only three times each run ), now i dont think i will run her again until i get my parts (if they arrive[>:])
i feel really guilty now i feel ashamed to be more precise[&o]

anyway, here are some pics of my Misses>
her color goes well with the curtains,<<<<<< ok that just made me sound a little, never mind

and also here is another vid of her running, still running rich, dont want to run her leaner or hit ful throtle before the full upgrades take place...the vid is crapy after being converted to .WMV

http://rcuvideos.com/item/P4JPG6Y6MKHW1B66
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec88410.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	690432   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wr55016.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	690433   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu60042.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	69.1 KB
ID:	690434  
Old 05-24-2007, 12:14 AM
nitro Ahmed

i saw on my friend's formula 1 power boat(a real one) a peice that look like a ducks beak in he lower end of the boat, it is supposed to let water out but not in, i will try to make one using the same idea for my MV. i'll give it a try and let you know....for the time being, i take off the rubber plug when running on smooth surfaces, it works just as good, but lets water in when stops
Old 05-24-2007, 12:19 AM
nitro Ahmed

boy she was flying ,but hit one and she nosed dived in again! Didnt have a boat,I'd swam out to retrive her.
you mean like this?
http://media.putfile.com/best-RC-boat-retreival-system

Attached Images  
Old 05-24-2007, 06:08 AM
sleepy306
My Feedback: (1)

Good job Ahmed...Your boat is flying. I would do that same too, run it completely stock except for engine and prop. It's like old school hot rodding...putting a big block in a pinto and doing the 1/2 mile in the 10's. Ya Hoo! In the video, it looks like you gave it full throttle coming out of the corner, right? It looks like your front sponsons come off the water when you go full throttle. I can't wait till you lean it out. You better tell your friend to wear his swim trunks because if you don't set up the strut correctly, you'll be taking off.

Job well Done. Now take some pics of the set so we can flip our boats too

BTW What prop did you run?
Old 05-24-2007, 07:37 AM
nitro Ahmed

thanks a lot sleepy, am really glad that you liked it, the boat is still fully stock including prop, still waiting for it to arrive its x435/3 fully sharpened and balanced, i myself cant wait to get my hands on that prop and the mac 3.5 pipe, the weather is getting hotter now adays so i'm using 15% nitro as well, and good luck fitting your 21 on the miss, go for it
i'm also giving my misses the day off, need some sleep., you will find some pics in page 2 of this very same thread, not very clear though, but you'll get the idea, oh and realy like the old school hot roding thing, that's how you get speed power and respect[>:]
Old 05-24-2007, 08:10 AM
misshydro

Yes like that! swam of it!![:@] Had to take a shower after that too!! The water in our lake sinks! Celina use it for drinking water and it sinks![:'(] It smells and taste like fish!![:'(] There filtrations system sinks too.EPA told them they have unitl this year to straiten there water system or get find 10.000 dollars a week in fines. I live on the StMarys side and there water fuiltration systems kick butts,But not all of our drink water come for the lake.Stmarys water was rated #1 in the state!! Celina drinking water is bad that people on that side of the lake are getting cancer and now they have a cancer treatment center there.But I'd heard it's alot better then it was long time ago![&:]That lake is so not perficted,all the farmer junks run off in to the lake too.All this lake is good for is to run your boats in! Nitro ahmed!! Nice fast boat,just wait until you get your prop on it she'll be even faster!! I bet if you had my 440/3 she'll fly big time!!
Old 05-24-2007, 12:13 PM
nitro Ahmed

some how i had this image in my head of you swimmimg and throwing up every few feet until you reached your boat and then back, because that's what happend to the guy in the vid when he came back to shore and had a cigerret..
about that prop, hmmmmmmmm, well when i ordered the 435/3 i wanted it for my previuos 18 engine, didnt put in mind that i will convert it to a 21, now i'm thinking that it might be a little small for it. anyplace anyone knows were i can find some good boat hardware? such as already fully sharpened and balanced props or exsaust pipes or anything that would help my boat perform better??440/3 hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Old 05-24-2007, 04:43 PM
misshydro

Alright!! I did some trimming/down sizing the 440/3.I'd took her down about 1/2,to the hub edge to the tip of the prop,thats about the same messurment as the stock plastic props.Boy that did the world of good!!!! I'd ran her today with out any sluggy take off.She took off like a shotgun!!She's ran alittle bit more faster then 35mhp!! Boy if I put a.21 in it,man cant think what she'll do!! Had to take off that turbin metal off,is tin and started to show alittle rust!![:@][:@] But replaced it with true alum,it looks good!! I have to wet sand it and polished it and it will look like a crome!! Now I have to mod the radio box to let more air flow,chopp it and drop it. Oh Nitro Ahmed I'd just about upchucked in that water!! Where I was running my boat,just about 50 feet to my left there was some dead fishes and a big dead crow!! Does that tell you something about our lake water?![&:]
Old 05-24-2007, 05:09 PM
mopartybob

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lake water...bleeechkkkk [:'(],get yourself a fishin pole and a penicillan shot.........[:-]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.