Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

new parts for 1st generation vegas

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

new parts for 1st generation vegas

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 02:14 AM
avenge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new parts for 1st generation vegas

am planning to go shopping at tower hobbies. I would like too know if the parts i am planning to get is compatible with my 1st generation vegas. which is the .150 flex cable and the .150 strut assembly to go with my y535 grimracer prop. would this work with my original stuffing tube or do i need to replace it? The strut assembly is the aluminum color not the original brass color. I am currently running aqua .18 but also switching to an os .18. now can i use original header and pipe for the os? If not will buy mac 3.5. I am currently using the twisted liquid flex cable which i think is .130 with the octura m435 prop. will the os .18 be a simple drop in or is there major mods to be done?
Old 05-31-2007, 05:28 AM
Dan S

Default RE: new parts for 1st generation vegas

The OS is a simple drop in and the header and pipe fits no problem.

you have to replace your stuffing box and stuffing tube for the gen2 strut and cable.
Old 05-31-2007, 06:46 AM
Sean Bowf

Like Dan said, I am pretty sure you would need to either change the stuffing tube, or at least make some sort of an adapter. I think the struts have different size holes in them, so there would be some slop around the Ver 1 stuffing tube when it is put in the new strut. If you went the adapter route, you would have to run without a liner for the new cable to fit in the old stuffing tube.

Someone had mentioned heating up the old tube to get it out of the boat. They said it was pretty easy to get out after heating. Does not sound like a hard mod.

As to the original pipe with the CVRM...it works, and works well. I was running a little under 40 MPH with that setup, and had not drilled the baffle. Some folks talk of putting a 1/8th inch hole in the baffle. If this helps, I think it would have put me over 40 MPH.

Sean
Old 05-31-2007, 09:56 AM
avenge

thanx for the info. What size flex cable should be used then with the original strut if i cannot use the .150.
Old 05-31-2007, 10:10 AM
Dan S

The original strut uses a .125 flex cable.