Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

45" Scarab S suggestions?

Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

45" Scarab S suggestions?

Old 06-03-2007, 11:33 PM
Chickenheadz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 45" Scarab S suggestions?

Recently I got a 45" dumas scarab type S fiberglass hull. It has never seen a propshaft or stringers. the hull has a few chips around the hull/deck seems, but i will fiberglass cloth it, sand it and airbrush graphics on thehull to hide the filler. I also got the fiberglass hatch. I got aluminum stock to make the rudder its missing. I also have to make a radio box around the stringers, when I install them.
I know zenoah g260's are hot with a little bit of case porting and a tuned pipe, but I dont have the funds offhand to buy that engine^
But what i do have on-hand is a NIB o.s. .48 4 strokethats had about 12 ounces of fuel ran through it. I know 4 strokes get owned by 2 strokes. I do not plan to race competitively, but i do not want a slow boat either. I know 4 strokes lay down more torque throughout its rpm range, which is smaller than a 2 strokes.
If i were to put a .48 nitro 4 stroke in a boat, with a decent flywheel, and a prop suited well to work with the motors loaded RPM range, would this be a fast boat to pilot around? I rlly like 4 strokes for the noise, the idle qualities, and the torque.
If you have ever seen this done or heard about tips and tricks, I'd like to hear .