Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Black Jack 26 Problem

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Black Jack 26 Problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2007, 11:51 AM
jsmith

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Black Jack 26 Problem

I just got my first Nitro boat, the bj26, and i belive that I am having some problems already, first of all this boat needs about 50 yards to make a full circle, acording to the review in rc boat modeler the boat is suppose to have a great turning radius from left to the right, well thats not the case here.

Also, during the engine break in, the boat runs for about 5 min's in the water then is die's, (so now I have to go swiming) so I bring the boat back in and start it right back up and put it in the water and does it again, I've got about 4 tanks of fuel through it doing this, the fuel I'm using is 20% boat / car fuel, I dont really know anything about nitro engines, but I did follow the instuctions that came with the boat, I'm sure it's a tuning issue.

And, is it normal to get about 1/2 inch of water in the bottom of the hull ????

Any suggestons would be very greatful.

Thanks
Jeff
Old 06-23-2007, 03:14 PM
saleens7

Default RE: Black Jack 26 Problem

i would put the needle settings back to the origional position and see if it runs any better...getting that much water in the hull isnt normal...check for leaks in the hull or cooling system...

on the proboat radio, there is a scroll wheel type thing on the grip handle....scroll it forward and see how far the rudder movement is...it should be more than if you scrool it backwards...if thats not the problem, i dont know whats wrong...
Old 06-23-2007, 03:18 PM
jay863fl

For the steering check youre servo and make sure the pushrod is in the furthest hole out on the servo, and also check and see if your dual rates are turned down. As far as the engine dying, I am told that util its broken in, that will happen a lot. And for the water in the hull, I dont know, my Miss Vegas got a lot in her also until I drilled the back out.
Old 06-24-2007, 10:22 AM
jsmith

Yeah, I think the water is probably from when the boat die's it just sits there untill I swim out to it, here's a thought!! maybe I should break the engine in closer too shore..

After the engine is broke in what is a good adjustment for the neddles to be set at for the midwest (Chicago land area), what I mean by adjustment is how many turns out the needles should be.

Thanks
Jeff
Old 06-24-2007, 10:04 PM
All Things Custom

2.5 turns out is always a good start. the daily temp and humidity changes are enough sometime to need adjustment. Nitro engines pretty much need re-adjusting every time you run them. and then they need adjusting during the runtime sometimes too. warm it up , run a bit and see whats up. make adjustment run some more and tune some more. you will get the hang of it, just be patcient.
Old 06-24-2007, 11:13 PM
jsmith

Well I got the turning problem fixed, it was indeed the dual rate dial, still having troubles dialing in the engine, the high is 2.5 out, and the low is ??? don't really know cant find a small enough flat head screw driver to fit inbetween the hull side and the screw on the engine.

Jeff
Old 06-24-2007, 11:27 PM
RaysonCraft

A tennis ball and a $4 fishing real is one of the best investments with a new boat. Tie the line from the real to a small flat piece of plastic or something, then use electrical tape to tape it to the ball. When the boat dies. Throw it out, and reel it it.
Old 06-05-2010, 11:04 PM
joel.a.g
My Feedback: (2)

My blackjack doesnt run as good as it used to. When i first start it, it runs well for about a minute and then it goes at a steady slower speed and i can tell the engine isn't running at full rpm's by the sound of the motor, but if it hits some wake it will speed up for a little then come back down. When i bring it in to refill and send it back out it does the same thing. What could be wrong?
Old 06-06-2010, 12:07 AM
rcguy1411

sounds like the engine is rich and is loading up try closing the high speed neadle in 1/8 turns at a time the rpm s should increase as well as peformance but be carfull no to go to lean