Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

2nd run

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 10:07 AM
shcokwave36

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2nd run

Ok i started it up for the 2nd run today but every time i take the glo driver off it stall's somtimes it takes a lil before it dose tho. is it supposed to do that?
Old 07-13-2007, 10:12 AM
wave waker

Default RE: 2nd run

ORIGINAL: shcokwave36

Ok i started it up for the 2nd run today but every time i take the glo driver off it stall's somtimes it takes a lil before it dose tho. is it supposed to do that?

might need to change glow plug
Old 07-13-2007, 10:13 AM
shcokwave36

its brand new though.
Old 07-13-2007, 10:22 AM
saleens7

sometimes it will stall if its still too rich....when putting in the water, try to give it some throttle.....thats what happened with me in my first few runs...
Old 07-13-2007, 10:29 AM
shcokwave36

i havent put it in water wile running yet
Old 07-13-2007, 10:34 AM
saleens7

hmmm.....give it a little gas on land....although the problems your getting do sound like you have a bad glow plug...it may only be your 2nd run, but i went through 2 glow plugs when i first broke it in......
Old 07-13-2007, 10:36 AM
shcokwave36

well im ganna finish this tank then go to the beach but i'll carry the extra plug.

Can u look at it and tell if its bad?
Old 07-13-2007, 11:15 AM
mopartybob

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sure,if it glows it's good,if not,it's bad[:'(]...(no in-between)make sure your glo-driver is fully charged too,it also sounds like your a bit rich,this causes the glo to be snuffed out,don't get frustrated and don't lean it out too soon just yet,after it starts,leave the glo-driver on for about 10 more sec. just to keep the frustration factor down and to help keep it lit if still overly rich,make 1/8 turn adj. until it stays lit without igniter and responds to blips on the throttle,ideally,it should respond sluggishly on land,but don't worry this will clear up on the water,when on the water,vary your runnin speeds, trying to avoid wot runs,slowly increase the duration of throttle with every tank and allow for cool downs in-between,dont forget to reset the piston to BDC when cooling down,this prevents damage to the pinch and helps the sleeve maintain it's taper,using this cycling method has always worked for me and other's,just remember to make all your adj. with the boat on the water,in other words,make a 1/8 adj. on the carb do a lap or two,bring it in,make another adj,another lap or two,and you will notice the difference in these "small" adj.,after several runs,recheck ALL screws,nuts,bolts,etc. for tightness,also good to have a few extra exhaust couplers / zip ties in your box as the stock ones blow out easy, good luck and don't forget to get a failsafe also=cheap insurance
Old 07-13-2007, 12:21 PM
shcokwave36

BDC

bottem dead center right?
Old 07-13-2007, 12:38 PM
mopartybob

right ,when i was reaaally new to boating,It was the shockwave36 that lit my fuse,man that boat is fast when dialed in and runnin right....,I also noticed that it is also succeptable to "chine dancin"(rockin & rollin from side-side) when at 3/4-WOT,(too much engine-too much pitch on prop) I've found that bending the inside corner of the starboard trim-tab 1/8" down corrects this nasty stability issue,allowing full WOT runs....YAHOOOOOO....happy runnin....
Old 07-13-2007, 12:43 PM
shcokwave36

ORIGINAL: mopartybob

right ,when i was reaaally new to boating,It was the shockwave36 that lit my fuse,man that boat is fast when dialed in and runnin right....,I also noticed that it is also succeptable to "chine dancin"(rockin & rollin from side-side) when at 3/4-WOT,(too much engine-too much pitch on prop) I've found that bending the inside corner of the starboard trim-tab 1/8" down corrects this nasty stability issue,allowing full WOT runs....YAHOOOOOO....happy runnin....

Yea im used to the chain walking hence of a real boat that i have dose it.

How do you know when its at the bottom?

And do you know where i can find local clubs to drive the boat in?
Old 07-13-2007, 01:01 PM
mopartybob

short of pulling the plug and sticking an eyeball down there,you can just rotate the crank(flywheel) until you feel it's at it's loosest point of resistance,as far as clubs go for where your at,I don't know (I'm on the west coast)Piper or Ron would have more info for you on that,and it is a good idea to be club oriented,your gonna have a blast......