Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

uh oh

Old 07-13-2007, 10:51 PM
shcokwave36

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default uh oh

Well i run my boat in the water today ran strong and great not bad for being so rich.

Well i was driving around and hit the plastic duck out there and it barreled rolled into the water upside down the landed right side up and pretty much went down like the titanic.. lol.. well i was in my bathin suit and took my shirt off and pretty much sway the fastes ever to the boat picked it up tryed liften it over my head to get the water out and i started sinkin well i trough it right side up and pushed it back to shore and put it upside down on the stand then turned it over and let everything dry in the sun.

But i wount start now.. any ideas?
Old 07-13-2007, 11:00 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: uh oh

Probably a ton of water in the engine yet.
Old 07-13-2007, 11:01 PM
shcokwave36

how to get it out?
Old 07-13-2007, 11:09 PM
Ron Olson

Remove the glow plug and turn the boat upside down the pull on the starter. Some WD-40 will help to absorb some of the leftover moisture and help to protect the metal parts until you take it out again.
If you got water in the radio box, open that up and get it all out including taking the cover off the receiver.
Old 07-13-2007, 11:12 PM
saleens7

take out the glow pulg, flip the boat over, and turn it over w/ the tiger drive or pull start (depends wich one you have) for a minute or so.....then i put a few drops of fuel in through the glow plug opening and put the glow plug on and (with my finger over the carb) turn the motor over a few times to get the fuel up to the carb....i dont know if this is exactly what your supposed to do, but it works w/ my airboat motor when i flip it and get it flodded w/ water.....you should try to get all the water out and get it running as fast as you can or ive heard it could rust the bearings and decrese peformance...
Old 07-13-2007, 11:16 PM
shcokwave36

spray wd 40 where at?
Old 07-13-2007, 11:17 PM
Ron Olson

Into the carb and through the glow plug hole.
Old 07-13-2007, 11:19 PM
shcokwave36

i cant run it till tomorrow so wd-40 should pavent rust right.
Old 07-13-2007, 11:19 PM
Dan S

Inside the engine.

Remove the glow plug, rotate the flywheel until the piston is at the bottom, spay WD-40, flip boat, spin engine without glow plug to get wd-40 and water out.

once done, put plug back in and start engine and have fun.

Dan.
Old 07-13-2007, 11:21 PM
Dan S

yes
Old 07-13-2007, 11:22 PM
shcokwave36

and i dount have WD-40
Old 07-13-2007, 11:24 PM
mopartybob

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

heck of a place to put a plastic duck...in the middle of a pond....[:@], drain your fuel, pull your plug,open your carb to wot and start a crankin her over,inverted,sideways,allways....do the best you can to purge as much water out of it as you can...now the fun part,more likely than not your electronics took a dousin also....yup.pull'em out,open em up,and hit'em with a hair drier,it would behoove you to also spray'em down with a water displacement medium also,such as corrosion x,INOX,etc....and balloon your reciever if you have'nt done so already,welcome to the wonderful world of post-run sinking/ maintenence...if you work at it thouroughly,you could be back on the water tomorrow....[:-]but if there is any question as to the operation of your electronics,(glitching) and such , DO NOT OPERATE it until resolved, oh yeah,get a fishin pole to help retrieve your boat,one guy drowned already this year.....[&o]
Old 07-13-2007, 11:30 PM
shcokwave36

it was my grandma's pond there use to cirrulate the are for oxygen. and i kinda turned the wroung way and went right over the top.

The boat was runnin good for being rich.
Old 07-13-2007, 11:36 PM
Ron Olson

3-in-1 oil? Automatic transmission fluid a.k.a. after-run oil? If you're taking it back out tomorrow just use a little fuel as it's better than nothing.
Old 07-13-2007, 11:48 PM
shcokwave36

do i leave any in there after i put some in then put it upside down and used tiger drive to get more water out? put more 3 in 1 in?
Old 07-13-2007, 11:49 PM
shcokwave36

ORIGINAL: mopartybob

heck of a place to put a plastic duck...in the middle of a pond....[:@], drain your fuel, pull your plug,open your carb to wot and start a crankin her over,inverted,sideways,allways....do the best you can to purge as much water out of it as you can...now the fun part,more likely than not your electronics took a dousin also....yup.pull'em out,open em up,and hit'em with a hair drier,it would behoove you to also spray'em down with a water displacement medium also,such as corrosion x,INOX,etc....and balloon your reciever if you have'nt done so already,welcome to the wonderful world of post-run sinking/ maintenence...if you work at it thouroughly,you could be back on the water tomorrow....[:-]but if there is any question as to the operation of your electronics,(glitching) and such , DO NOT OPERATE it until resolved, oh yeah,get a fishin pole to help retrieve your boat,one guy drowned already this year.....[&o]

I had a row boat to fetch my boat but seeing it start to go under like the titanic just made me jump in and swim to it
Old 07-14-2007, 12:53 AM
saleens7

titanic? so your boat broke in half and little people started jumping in the water?....its late....im tired....i cant think of anything better to say.....uugghhh....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...
Old 07-14-2007, 06:42 AM
jay863fl

Before you run it again put in some flotation also. Go to Wal-Mart, Target, etc and get some pool noodles. Stuff the hull full , but be careful of moving parts and hot things (linkages, tuned pipes) And get some after run oil aka transmission fluid. Also, check the craft section for a little dispenser bottle with a cap on it to store the after run oil.
Old 07-14-2007, 11:05 AM
shcokwave36

ORIGINAL: jay863fl

Before you run it again put in some flotation also. Go to Wal-Mart, Target, etc and get some pool noodles. Stuff the hull full , but be careful of moving parts and hot things (linkages, tuned pipes) And get some after run oil aka transmission fluid. Also, check the craft section for a little dispenser bottle with a cap on it to store the after run oil.
Yea after it fliped when i got it out i was like so thats why people put pool noodles in their boats
Old 07-14-2007, 05:16 PM
MOVMX Racer

I flipped my boat today (I'm on my second tank of fuel, my first day with it in the water) It flled up pretty high, but I thought ahead. I used like 3 feet of pool noodle foam in it, and it didn't sink! I had a life jacket on though. You need to be super careful swimming to your boat. I am in the process of building a rescue boat so I don't worry about not making it back...
Old 07-14-2007, 05:42 PM
saleens7

i have a big ocean kayak (its wide and stable...its also open, and not those kayaks that cover over you...)...it works well as a rescue boat.....it also large enough i can start the boat right back up on it and toss it back in the water....ive flipped my boat a few times before (not the SW) and i can get to it faster than if i swam...

EDIT: i have built a couple of rescue boats before....they did work pretty good, but the trusty ol' kayak was still better and faster....
Old 07-14-2007, 10:33 PM
Ron Olson

We are big advocates in here on not swimming after dead boats. We've already lost one person this year down by Cincinnati from drowning after trying to swim after a dead boat and I don't want to see any of you guys making the news!
Old 07-14-2007, 11:00 PM
shcokwave36

it was a 100ft pond bout 25 feet deep during the raining season so it was about 6 12 feet deep when i jumped in
Old 07-17-2007, 02:04 PM
moparbarn

ORIGINAL: shcokwave36

it was a 100ft pond bout 25 feet deep during the raining season so it was about 6 12 feet deep when i jumped in
yeah, and you can drown in as little as 2 or 3 inches of water! my pond is only about 4' deep, and all i use is my fishing pole. grew up on the water in miami, fished, swam, water skiied, scuba dove.......i still don't swim for my boat! even if it sinks, boats are cheaper than funerals. seal the radio box, add flotation and the wind will bring it back, if nothing else. be safe-have fun.