Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

good beginner boats

Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

good beginner boats

Old 07-24-2007, 12:12 PM
mr. ilikehelp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default good beginner boats

hi guys im new and looking for a good beginner boat. i want something with speed but under 300 dollars. i looked at 2 boats so fr they are the aqua jet and the supervee 27 both come in electric and nitro what should i choose? i will consider all suggestions thanks
Old 07-24-2007, 12:19 PM
mr. ilikehelp

Default RE: good beginner boats

hey i was just looking at the supervee again and wondered does it come with a radio?
Old 07-24-2007, 02:33 PM
Dan S

yes it comes with a radio.

Have a look on the first 2 pages, there are quite a few threads asking the same question, you should find your answer in one of them.

Dan.
Old 07-24-2007, 06:28 PM
mopartybob

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I had to start over (again),I would go with the nitro super vee,as far as the threads on it go, it has a "gentle" learning curve attached to it, so to speak,and the performance IS there to satisfy your need for speed......
Old 08-05-2007, 02:19 PM
nitro xpress

My first boat was a nitro v from traxxes. boat was fast and predictiabal but had some problems if you have never ran nitro engines it was difficalt to tune and boat has to plan for engine to get water. for a new boater a v hul is the only way to go! if i were to go back the nitro hammer I think would be a good one. this boat has a fiberglass hull resistant to fule spills and durable. cooling is a bit beater a low speed as well, down sides are short run times engine dose not have a clutch and has pull start verses the nitro v electric. the supervee 27 also would be a good choice as well. as far as electric verses nitro? fast electrics run times last 7-10 minutes nitro 10-15
mantanice is higher for nitro powered models.
Old 08-05-2007, 04:09 PM
cwaterhunter

i have both the NV and the supervee 27 nitro,,, the SV27 is in my opnion a far better boat,, fibrglass hull not abs,, larger motor,, stinger cable drive,,much faster as bob said it takes a lil while to get used to her,, but once you her her broken in and dialed right,,, WATCH OUT!!! it far more faster then the nitro vee,, and also less cash new,, $279.00 for the supervee,,,, i have seen the NV new in the $320.00 and up range,,, also the SV has a radio box,, not a perfect one but it helps alot well,,,, there is my two cents.. lol
Old 08-05-2007, 04:11 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

It's your preference as if you want to go the electric or nitro route. The brushless motor has more bottom-end punch but the top speeds are just about equal.