Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

help with fuel

Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

help with fuel

Old 07-24-2007, 03:28 PM
revo4789

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help with fuel

ok well i bought this fuel it is called bluethunder race formula and it has a 10 percent oil content and i need to get it up to 18 percent oil and i know how to mix my own fuel i just dont know what kind of oil to use do i use regular 10 40wt motor oil or do i use a two stoke dirtbike oil please help!!!
Old 07-24-2007, 04:10 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: help with fuel

Neither.
Take a look at our RC Fuels forum as it's further down in the drop-down menu. There are plenty of threads in there and you'll probably find answers to your questions.
Old 07-24-2007, 05:11 PM
revo4789

i looked and i really didnt understand where you can buy it it can you find it in auto parts stores.
Old 07-24-2007, 05:31 PM
Ron Olson

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Not usually. If you're lucky, you can get it at a pharmacy but it isn't the usual off the shelf oil. You'll be looking for a AAA grade degummed castor oil without any additives. A dirt bike shop might have it or look for someone who is a Klotz dealer. You don't want a regular 2-stoke mix or anything like 10w40. Basically, you want it for nitro, not a gasoline mix.
Old 07-24-2007, 06:38 PM
Square Nozzle

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In my hand is a quart of Klotz Super Techniplate. It's a 2 stroke synthetic racing oil with 20% castor oil. The label states that it blends with alcohol and gasoline. When I mix my own fuel I put in 23 oz per gallon of nitro - methanol mix. I buy it at a lawn equipment place that is into snow mobile racing during the off season.
Old 07-24-2007, 10:20 PM
Emcee_MadCatz

Just use colesterol free cooking oil. If it doesn't clog your arteries it won't clog your engine.
LOL just kidding. Don't....I'm serious

Why would you mix more oil into your nitro fuel? why wouldn't you just buy it at 18%. Omega fuels some with 17% which is plenty good. The fuel is made for aircraft which run no different from a boat in that most of the time, the engine is running full throttle and at high rpm.