Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Novarossi rx21 longstroke

Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Novarossi rx21 longstroke

Old 07-25-2007, 06:06 AM
fun4ej
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Novarossi rx21 longstroke

Hey all,

I just bought a CalCraft mono with a novarossi rx21. I've been looking for technical data on this motor but have been unable to come up with anything substantial. The guy I bought it from said it was the longstroke. Does anyone know the technical data for this motor or know somewhere online with the technical data? Also, does anyone know how much these motors cost new?

Thanks
Old 07-25-2007, 06:16 AM
gooycheese

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Novarossi rx21 longstroke

This should answer your questions.

http://www.rossisales.com/engine.html

Paul
Old 07-26-2007, 12:27 AM
fun4ej

Thanks Paul,

I had seen that page in my search but it doesn't have any technical info on the motor.
Old 07-26-2007, 06:22 AM
Kelly Miller

Try this page http://www.novarossi.it/products/eng...ssi/index.html I have used them in the 3.5 classs for racing quite a bit and like them very well. Nice engine.

Kelly
Old 07-26-2007, 11:11 AM
fun4ej

ORIGINAL: Kelly Miller

Try this page http://www.novarossi.it/products/eng...ssi/index.html I have used them in the 3.5 classs for racing quite a bit and like them very well. Nice engine.

Kelly
Thanks Kelly, Yea, that was the first place I looked in my search for tech data.

My motor doesn't have any markings signifying which model it is. I'm not sure how old my motor is either, I would estimate that it isnt more than 5yrs old...Do you know how I might tell which model I have? Or do all the novarossi .21's carry pretty much the same tech stats?
Old 07-26-2007, 08:58 PM
geraghty

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The RX21 NR/long stroke you have is probably somewhere between 5-8 years old.
There were a couple of versions of the Marine RX21.Very minor changes.....As I recall the O.D. of the sleeve,O.D. of the big bearing and cooling head design
were the only changes .640 bore-.658 stroke.....I am going from memory now but I believe the exhaust timing was about 175 and intakes were at 128.
Since you got the motor in a CalCraft it was probably raced in NAMBA in SoCal somewhere.I would bet there is a better than even chance the motor has been modified internally in someway shape or form.
A healthy RX21 was and still is a great motor.
The advertised HP & performance specs from the factory mean nothing.
Old 07-26-2007, 09:36 PM
iowapiper_rcp

Well fellas, listen to Mr G. right there! Guy is by far the best motor guy I know, and a welth of knowledge!!! Glad to see you helping here Rod. Rodney Pierce
Old 07-26-2007, 09:54 PM
mopartybob

thats a fact,I'm fortunate enuff to have one of his engines, KnB.91....what a beast...thanks rod..and welcome aboard....
Old 07-27-2007, 12:42 AM
fun4ej

ORIGINAL: geraghty

The RX21 NR/long stroke you have is probably somewhere between 5-8 years old.
There were a couple of versions of the Marine RX21.Very minor changes.....As I recall the O.D. of the sleeve,O.D. of the big bearing and cooling head design
were the only changes .640 bore-.658 stroke.....I am going from memory now but I believe the exhaust timing was about 175 and intakes were at 128.
Since you got the motor in a CalCraft it was probably raced in NAMBA in SoCal somewhere.I would bet there is a better than even chance the motor has been modified internally in someway shape or form.
A healthy RX21 was and still is a great motor.
The advertised HP & performance specs from the factory mean nothing.
Hey, you know your stuff! Yea, I got the boat from a hobby shop owner in Oceanside...just north of here in San Diego...namba district 19, in which he used to race this particular boat. I'm not sure if the motor has been modified or not...didn't ask the guy when I bought the boat. He said it had been about 1-2 years since it had been run. After my cleanup of the gunked up after-run, storage dust and such I was surprised to hear the motor fire right up. It sounds very healthy!

Basically, I was just wondering what ballpark HP and RPM's these motors put out....just want to compare it to the dynamite .32 in my thundercat. From what I have read and seen what these motors retail for, I'm guessing that novarossi is in the upper echelon of nitro motors.

Old 07-27-2007, 06:54 AM
gooycheese

Your rx21 has more than 2x the power as your dynamite .32 . Yes the Nova Rossi engine is in the class with the MAC and the CMB, they are probably the best engine you can buy. I would think alot of people would consider changing the bearings and looking at the piston & sleeve to make sure they are still good. Mr Geraghty is probably one of the "Best Engine Guru's" in the country I hope to be sending him and engine in the future for a Geraghty fine tweaking.

Paul