Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Aqua jet being discontinued in UK.

Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Aqua jet being discontinued in UK.

Old 07-27-2007, 09:16 AM
youdirtyfox

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aqua jet being discontinued in UK.

Hi guys and galls. very new here so let me introduce myself
My name is Sam (male) and im age 30 living in Portsmouth.

Great site so I thought I would join. As a kid I played with Tamiya RC car and raced
Mardave mini stock (just a big kid now,lol). Now I have moved by the sea I wanted a boat
So after a good search round on the web, the cen aqua jet seemed to foot the bill.
But blimey, just phoned a few companys who have told me that the Cen aqua jet
is being discontinued by Ripmax, luckily I managed to get hold of one before it was too late!

Just thought I would share this info for any UK members and ask do you think
it will now be difficult getting hold of spares and upgrade parts ( oh and can I put a .18 in it,lol)
If anyone wants to point me in the right direction of all the 'top' threads then that would even better

Thanks for reading and sorry for waffling, My aqua jet is arriving tuesday next week, so looking forward to taking it out for some blast's. Especially interetsed to see it's sea going
abilities .

Cheers all
regards
Sam.
Old 07-27-2007, 10:20 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: Aqua jet being discontinued in UK.

There will still be Aqua-Jet's around over here in the States for a while. Offshore Electrics sells them plus parts to make it faster.
I've had experience with its sister boat, the Grey Thunder so I can offer you some tips on it. The best thing that you can do is to toss the stock prop away and put a good one on it. The stocker throws a nice roostertail but no speed.
I've rotated the cooling head as I just didn't like the water intake line over the top of the carb.
A Sullivan SS-4 tank will fit right in where the original tanks sits and will give you a lot more run time.
Old 07-29-2007, 10:58 AM
shcokwave36

ORIGINAL: Ron Olson

There will still be Aqua-Jet's around over here in the States for a while. Offshore Electrics sells them plus parts to make it faster.
I've had experience with its sister boat, the Grey Thunder so I can offer you some tips on it. The best thing that you can do is to toss the stock prop away and put a good one on it. The stocker throws a nice roostertail but no speed.
I've rotated the cooling head as I just didn't like the water intake line over the top of the carb.
A Sullivan SS-4 tank will fit right in where the original tanks sits and will give you a lot more run time.

Yea but roostertail is cool.[8D]
Old 07-29-2007, 12:01 PM
Ron Olson

It'll still throw a 'tail but there will be more speed to boot!
I'm an old guy and remember when Top Fuel dragsters used to run the full 1/4 mile smoking their tires. Once they finally started hooking up all of that HP to the ground, speeds really increased and ET's dropped.
Old 07-30-2007, 06:29 PM
youdirtyfox

Excellent thanks for all the tips and reassurance guys. What are the carbon props like that Offshore Electrics sells?
My boat should be arriving tommorow morning and then it will be onto the running in period

Im no stranger to modifying things to make them go faster, I own and built a peugeot 205 GTI with a turbo ! and work as a metal spinner , hand made allu tuned pipe anyone

Anyway back to boats Has anyone fitted an .18 to this boat. I found a good price on one delivered to the UK
I can see this being another one of my expensive hobbys ,lol

Great site guys and some amazing looking machinery on here !

Cheers
Sam.

Old 07-30-2007, 11:18 PM
Ron Olson

Steve sells them with the CEN .18 already installed. An Aquacraft or other sport .18 would really wake up that boat!
The 40mm that Steve has is supposed ot be a good prop for it. On my Grey Thunder an Octura X-637 seemed to work well on it but the AJ's seem to like the larger prop. Those might be Graupner props so they might be easy for you to get over there.