Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Boat Recommendation

Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Boat Recommendation

Old 08-02-2007, 03:05 AM
Robudda
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boat Recommendation

OK, been racing 1/8 scale Nitro Offroad and 1/10 Scale Nitro Onroad, however Race days On Friday and Saturdays are a no go due to Daughters softball tournies and my dragbike schedule. However Sundays are open and there is some locals that race Nitro Boats on Sundays (No Sunday race days for cars here in Utah on Sundays). So I would like to use a few things I already have if possible.

OS .21 V-Spec (Read somewhere on here that a Car engine can be used on Boats with a few mods)
JR 9000s Servo for Rudder
JR 645mg Servo for Throttle.
Spektrum 2 channel radio

I love building Kits (Half the fun for me) so do not want any RTR or Almost Ready to run deals.

Any Kits any one would recommend that would do well with the above equipment.

Thanks,
Rob
Old 08-02-2007, 06:26 AM
Sean Bowf

Default RE: Boat Recommendation

Rob, first thing I would do in your shoes, is stop by the pond and chat with them while they are running and see what kind of boats they have. Then, once you know you need a certain type of boat to run with them, then come back and ask what kind of mono, sport hydro, cat, etc, etc, etc kits are available out there.

If you spent a couple months building a certain type of boat, then went to the pond, you may wind up just having to start all over again with a different type of boat so you could race with them.

Sean
Old 08-02-2007, 09:05 PM
Robudda
My Feedback: (6)

Makes since, they are more informal mainly for fun and race around with each other at this point. I know one of them is running a boat with almost a full ci nitro engine. I will hang with them this Sunday. But any ideas would be awsome, but will wait on purchasing until after I get some more info from them.

Thanks,
Rob
Old 08-02-2007, 10:14 PM
Jerry Dunlap

If you enjoy building, the Hawk 21 Outrigger Hydro from Dumas Boats is a good choice for a fast, stable hydroplane.

JD