Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Buy new or build from scratch?

Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Buy new or build from scratch?

Old 08-08-2007, 03:15 AM
Team A-Hull

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buy new or build from scratch?

Want to get a SW 36 or something just as fast for the price. I will be doing modifications on it to make it perform better and so on. My question; is it better to buy the boat new and tear it apart an modify it, start with a new hull on up and build like you want it, or buy one used and fix it up? keep price in mind. Tearing apart a traxx villian ex and it almost would have been better to start ground up.

Not sure though? Any opinions

Team A-Hull
Old 08-08-2007, 06:55 AM
gooycheese

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Buy new or build from scratch?

If this is just a play boat, buy RTR and mod. If you intend to race this boat someday, buy like a Seaducer or Speedmaster hull and build the boat (these are mono hulls like the shockwave just not as deep). The SW with the .32 engine will be stuck running in a 40 class unless your local area supports a RTR class for the .32 engine (regardless of what is done I doubt a SW will be competitive in a 40 class). This is just an opinion what ever you decide is up to you

Paul