Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Wildthing plans

Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Wildthing plans

Old 08-08-2007, 10:17 PM
sportmaxx91

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wildthing plans

Can anyone help me find some Wildthing plans, I have searched and searched for plans but can't find them. I understand that this is originally a large boat? i would like to build the boat around 30 inchs if possible. ANy plans out there? It doesn't havet o be a wildthing, just a simple deep vee hull. I think I'm probably going to make it electric though, but i fugured since this is a nitro boat originally this would be the place to ask. Thanx.

BTW would you all reccomment the wildthing as a first build. I'm open to other suggestions I just haven't found any. if you know of some other plans that might be simpler LMK please. Thanx in adv. I'm into boats Ive just never built one from scratch and I figured it would be fun.
Old 08-08-2007, 11:36 PM
sportmaxx91

Default RE: Wildthing plans

Somebody has to know where I can get some plans for this boat. I know that they are floating around out here somewhere. Im also interested in any monohull plans out there. I need to decide and would like to start building this boat soon.
Old 08-09-2007, 05:10 AM
piper_chuck
My Feedback: (12)

Go to http://rcstore.com and search for plan number FSPB1000. This is the source.

Anyone offering to email a scanned copy of the plans to you is violating the copyright and cheating the designer of the boat out of compensation for the work he put in to design it, draw the plans, and write an article telling us how to build it.
Old 08-09-2007, 07:05 AM
jdoug

sportmaxx91 - The Wild Thing was my first build. I scaled mine down to 24" and put in an OS .18. The boat rips. The only advise on building I can give is to make certain that your keel is straight and clamp your identical parts (sides and hull halves) together so that they will be identical. Also, use a GOOD slow set epoxy. The cheap epoxies will become rubbery over time in the water.