Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Irvine 61 marine

Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Irvine 61 marine

Old 08-09-2007, 02:29 PM
vamp131

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Irvine 61 marine

hi i have got an Irvine 61 fitting it to my jet stream 800 the engine is huge but im going to get it in lol

i tried the engine on a test stand very fast loads of power as it is such a big engine im thinking of putting gears in it ie engine turns once propeller turns 1 and a half to 2 will that work or just leave it as normal no gears going to try and run it with the standard prop on but i have a very nice propeller for a 61

anyone know what rpm i get out the 61 as i had a 700 bb electric motor 15000 rpm went like stink but run times only under 5 mins due to the high power drain thats why i have went nitro lol

going to be fun fitting it as got a huge tuned pipe for it 114" long that will take some fitting
Old 08-09-2007, 03:50 PM
jdoug

Default RE: Irvine 61 marine

Isn't that like sticking a V8 in a conoe? [X(] I'd like to see it, but I don't think I'd like to keep retrieving it over and over again from flips. I've seen a lot of this lately (people putting in huge power plants). The problem with not having the proper size hull is that you'll never see the potential of the motor.

Post vids if you can!!
Old 08-09-2007, 04:51 PM
mopartybob

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this'll be interesting,consider this though after your first retrieval....I know why it disintegrated..[:@]
Old 08-10-2007, 01:29 AM
topfuel4430

Definitely take a video camera for the maiden!

~James