Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
 Dumas Hots shot sprint help....With video >

Dumas Hots shot sprint help....With video

Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Dumas Hots shot sprint help....With video

Old 08-14-2007, 04:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dumas Hots shot sprint help....

haha that looks funny!
But dood i understand how frustrating that is. ive got the 7.5 version in abs and its SH*T!!!![>:][>:][>:][>:][>:]
Toss it in the bin and buy a ts2 man stop wasting your time on that POS!

I havent decided whether to smash mine up or just toss it yet. smashing it could be fun
Old 09-07-2007, 06:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that ain't bad! when i first started setting mine up, it would hop completely out of the water. like 8 to 10 inches high. adding weight to the bow was a BIG mistake. then it just left the water and nosed in-think submarine. i forgot the setup instructions and just started playing with it. my balance point is 6 3/4" from the transom. the du bro mount is either too low or too high, depending on which way the pivot block is installed. i had to redrill my hull to get proper height adjustment. i ended up almost 1/4" above the bottom of the sponsons. seemed way high, but it works for me. motor level to a little negative trim. get a peice of flat shelf board, wider than the boat. cut a slot for the lower unit to fit in one end. place the boat on the board, press down on the back of the boat and set it up using the top of the board to measure from. thes boats are VERY sensitive, and take a while to learn how to set up and drive. sheeting the bottoms of the sponsons would help, i've seen it done, and it does help. haven't done mine yet, it's just tooooo much fun this way. not good for racing, but fun as h#ll for playing. for racing, you need a longer, heavier hull. but for the knee slap quotient, it can't be beat. running at anything less than 3/4 throttle is a joke, wot actually is easier to drive. but watch the throttle, mine will barrel roll around the prop, if i just nail it from the start.
Old 09-07-2007, 10:33 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Photos of angles would help. If it has a rocker bottom, I would remove that by epoxying in ply sheeting that builds evenly towards the rear of the hull. Making ride pads will help.

Ryan