Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Traxxas Nitro vee

Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Traxxas Nitro vee

Old 08-13-2007, 08:31 AM
Laurence Kemsley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traxxas Nitro vee

Hi

I have a 2 year old Traxxas Nitro Vee and the engine is broken. I have tried to get a new engine but every where I go they say that Traxxas is not making them any more. So I have come up with a new plan which I should of thought of long time ago BUY A NEW ENGINE So has or does any one Know a good engine(water cooled) that I can fit in to my Nitro Vee and will last a life time?
Old 08-13-2007, 08:52 AM
r/cmark42
My Feedback: (8)

Default RE: Traxxas Nitro vee

You might want to try to post a similar question on The forum that traxxas has on thier web site. the Nitro Vee section use to be quit active and know ther are several who have upgraded to bigger engines. Traxxas also has a engine trade in program. I was able to get anotehr engine with out a problem. this was at least 2 years ago however. You can also get more information on this on the website
Old 08-13-2007, 09:15 AM
500 lb. koolaid man

Maybe an O.S. .21 or a CMB .21 RS
Read this thread, it might help. http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_6191963/tm.htm
Old 08-13-2007, 09:43 AM
gooycheese

I would try these : http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0093p?&C=GCU . A good .21 would be a little too much power for the traxxas plastic hull, it wouldn't be to good to go from an engine that is less than 1hp to an engine that is over 2hp. For the price of a new engine you may want to consider upgrading the whole boat.

Paul
Old 08-13-2007, 09:50 AM
mopartybob

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

any .15-.18 size engine is a direct drop in replacement,if you decide to go bigger,you would have to change motor mounts,upgrade to flex shaft,ditch the outdrive to somethin more performance oriented.......[:-]