Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

hydro mods..

Old 08-18-2007, 02:27 AM
lydizzle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hydro mods..

i have a proboat formula hull and switching everything from my miss budweiser over to it..i want to put a bigger power plant in it, but have no clue as in how to go about this... really looking to put a .18! proboat has one but is that even really a diffierence in power? can i put a OS .21 rg in it? its out of my buggy.. any advice would be appreciated thanks!!!!
Old 08-18-2007, 02:35 AM
Sean Bowf

Default RE: hydro mods..

Not an answer to your question, but I am curious, what are all the differences between the new formula and old MB hulls??

The .21 RG looks like it has real good power and RPM for this size boat...not sure how well it will fit.

I think most folks running the 1/12 RTR hydros that upgrade the engine, stick with a .18 because it is pretty much a bolt in swap. Most use the .18 CVRM (1.35hp), and some use the .18TZ (stock with 1.8hp, but some folks swap the head to a water cooled CVRM head, not sure how much that affects HP).

I have no idea how the new Dynamite .18 engine proboat is using compares to the CVRM, or if it is even available seperately yet.

Sean
Old 08-18-2007, 02:46 AM
lydizzle

not much...the hull is straight in the rear instead of that flair it has and of course flex shaft... the old miss budweiser feels alot stiffer than the new formula hull..
Old 08-18-2007, 08:28 AM
misshydro

Hay Lydizzle!here's a guys I know that put a O.S.21 turb in his boat plus he'd added an adjustable prop and strut system too. All the info is there. The only thing I dont like is he's put the motor on a side slant.[&:] I'll post pics of my .21 thundertiger conversion and the motor sit wright and made a custom head too[link]http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_4899766/tm.htm[/link],not like the ones I see on ebay that guys are selling.21 conversion and they hacked up the cowl too.[X(][:@] Here's three different boats with the.21 in them. Two missbud old hulls,the other is the flex drive one.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz76818.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	55.7 KB
ID:	744382   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ni23089.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	129.3 KB
ID:	744383   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hm23741.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	744384   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bu57994.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	744385  
Old 08-18-2007, 10:10 AM
misshydro

Here's a video Of my Missbud with a vegas .18 motor in it!! My boyfriend installed it in and ran the boat wail his friend shot the video of it! [link]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18MZZWSB11M[/link]
Old 08-19-2007, 01:45 AM
lydizzle

hay miss.... love the pics and that video was impressive!!! what .18 was that? in those shots where those marine .21 or is there even a difference in motors besides head change? i wanna some how put my .21 rg in!!seem like the header would be most problamatic, is there one for this set-up? thanks