Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Video of my BJ26 with Octura gear and OS.18!!

Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Video of my BJ26 with Octura gear and OS.18!!

Old 08-25-2007, 08:20 PM
losifiend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Video of my BJ26 with Octura gear and OS.18!!

Video is a little shaky because the wife was sleeping on the boat so I had to drive and film[:-] . For some reason some resolution is also lost but you'll get the picture. This was on the second tank and only 1/3 throttle[X(]. It was a little rough out today but stll managable. It pulled a couplel of sub moves which were actually pretty cool because it completely dissapeard under water.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7SJLOJtQu8

Here are some picts from today too. The water looks calm becuse the BJ was right behind my 1.1 boat.

Old 08-25-2007, 08:27 PM
JPriami
My Feedback: (21)

Default RE: Video of my BJ26 with Octura gear and OS.18!!

Looks good
Old 08-25-2007, 08:46 PM
misshydro

Look great!! Thats how my vegas was doing jumping over the waves like that!!
Old 08-26-2007, 11:09 AM
agentorangeracer

Were you gunna hang a picture on your boat losi? lol jk, sweet boat and vid.
Old 08-26-2007, 10:16 PM
losifiend

Boat is crazy fast at 75% throttle and leaned two hours. It starts to wabble side to side and becomes very un stable. I think I need to put the turn fins back on as they seemed to help it from bouncing like that when it was stock(well, ported .15). Now I know why CRD sold the motor, its allmost way too much. flipped it twice today...again.

I think I might retun it back to stock and run it that way or might even sell this one off as it sits. It only has 6 tanks on it. Maybe I could get at leat $400 on ebay for it......too bad it looks so good!!
Old 08-27-2007, 12:05 AM
misshydro

You must be joking me!!![X(] That motor to much for the blackjack???!!! Your side to side wobbel,Could your prop be bad?[&:]or your stearing servo might be acting up on you?[&:] My vegas done that and found out that I'd had water in my radio box and water got to my stearing servo and changed my prop to,I had a brass prop at that time.[:@] You'll be a fool to change that boat to stock!![X(] You can make that motor work on your boat if you put your mind to it!! anything is possible!!!
Old 08-27-2007, 12:31 AM
sleepy306
My Feedback: (1)

No...don't give up. You have to try it on a calm day. also, you may need to adjust the rear strut. IF it is to rough, like in the video, you need to either angle your strut so the thrust points down a little, or don't change the strut angle, but raise it so your boat will run a little wet. Boats that hope the waves looks cool, but is not fun to drive due to less stability and lower speed. Which prop are you running? It does look cool.
Old 08-27-2007, 09:40 PM
losifiend

Thanks guys for not letting me quit! I checked the prop strut and it was not level(pitched down) which was causing the nose to tip forward. I will also be adding the Grim prop that is in my tool box(I cant remember the size).

The servos are fine. I have a JR 590 for steering and a 270 for throttle. You are also rite about giving it a try on a calm day. I was just frustrated yesterday after swimming so much to go retrieve it( I hate pulling up ancher every time it flips[:'(]) . Dont worry I was wearing my life jacket and fins since we spent the day in the water at the lake