Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

SV27Rudder on Proboat?

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

SV27Rudder on Proboat?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 03:07 PM
agentorangeracer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SV27Rudder on Proboat?

If you have ever thought about switching the rudder on your sv27 to your 1/12 proboat, you'd then begin to think, lol "no" it want work well, actually im here to prove that wrong, yes it works, and yes it works well at that, I was trying diffrent things on my hydro and found that if you turn your sv rudder around it will bolt right up to the 1/12 pro boat, there will be to extra holes, but nothing a bit of resin want take care of. When i first saw the rudder on the boat, I thought it was a bit over-kill. lol But on the water it actually responded pretty well, and as far as the turn fin, i was running the stock version. Notice that you will be putting a new water-pick up on your boat, but its worth the while if your sticking with stock on the 1/12 proboat.

Heres some pics of this Boat for rtr class with the rudder from sv27.

I put some extra bolts in some of the un-wanted holes.

The depth of the rudder in the water is much more than stock, and will grab in turns much better.

Oh, and if you cant tell, thats the exhaust from my old sv27, and much more is actually used from the sv27 that you dont see.
Old 08-27-2007, 05:36 PM
agentorangeracer

Default RE: SV27Rudder on Proboat?

Heres the top view of the rudder.
Old 08-27-2007, 06:20 PM
misshydro

Not realy?[&:] I was thing about using a set up like the blackjack 26,but was told it wouldnt work very well=to much weight on the backend of the boat.[:'(] I'm working on a set to use on my Miss Bud flex drive hull and should be the same on the Llumars Elums Formula 1/12 hydros! I'm going to start that thread shortly.!! I'm using Miss vegas hard were,So I can have adjustable rudder and prop strut!!!
Old 08-27-2007, 11:48 PM
agentorangeracer

Not realy what?
Old 08-28-2007, 10:18 AM
misshydro

That set up is the same as the blackjack and was told that it might not work/to much tail weight?[&:] If yours works that great!! But would like to see video of it running!!! I'm working on the vegas set,if it works well then this would help you guys on the adjustable strut to these proboats hydros!!!=faster speeds!!