Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

where to buy starter belts?

Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

where to buy starter belts?

Old 08-30-2007, 11:02 PM
terry kelly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default where to buy starter belts?

i am just a bit stumped , it has been a while since i bought a starter belt "19inch or so" where did they go? i cannot find em anywhere, can you help me out on this one please.
Old 08-30-2007, 11:17 PM
Dan S

Default RE: where to buy starter belts?

SpeedMaster site.

http://www.rossisales.com/

Other Products, Starter belts.

Dan.

Old 08-31-2007, 05:31 AM
piper_chuck
My Feedback: (12)

Places I buy from include the already mentioned Speedmaster. In addition, I buy from Rocket City Racing. However, the place I order from most often is G&M models at 630-279-2451.
Old 08-31-2007, 08:55 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

This is how I got over 10,000 postings as I've answered this question a lot!
It's no secret that starting belts are actually sewing machine belts. What I've done is gone to a local sewing machine repair shop and talked to the repair person. One Viking dealer here in town had a box full of used sewing machine belts that he saved from trade-ins or repairs. They don't take the abuse that we give them and are usually worn on the sides which can be a good thing as they'll fit into the flywheel grooves easier. If you get lucky, I got a fistful of them for $3.00! This was several years ago and I'm still using them.
Drag your boat along and if the repair person is a guy, show him what you're going to use them for.

Aquacraft is also coming out with starter belts and they should be available in the next few weeks and I think that they will have a 19" belt. The price is $5.99 if I'm correct.
Old 08-31-2007, 09:50 AM
Sean Bowf

My sewing machine shop charged me something like $14 for the belt I got from them. Pretty expensive...

Terry, is this for a MV, or another boat?? I ask, because a 17" belt on a MV is just the right size to wrap over the radio box after the boat is started. This keeps the belt from falling into any rotating items while running.

I use the 17" sullivan belt from Tower. I look forward to trying out an aquacraft belt when they come out...

Sean
Old 08-31-2007, 10:12 AM
Ron Olson

Yeah, they saw you coming!
I hit up one store down the street from the Viking dealer and got a belt that looked just like the ones that Prather sold and they socked me $7.00 for it, a little higher than the LHS.
Old 08-31-2007, 10:15 AM
misshydro

Good luck getting ahold of that guy from Rossi sale!!! Nevered returns email or phone calls!!![:@]
Old 08-31-2007, 10:19 AM
Ron Olson

I don't contact Bill McGraw at Rossi Sales if I need anything from Speedmaster. Instead, I call Gary Preusse.
Old 08-31-2007, 11:32 AM
Dan S

Anna,
when dealing with Speed Master Email is not the way to go, they are very busy and the best time to get them by phone is on Monday's and Thursday's.

Dan.

Old 08-31-2007, 04:38 PM
misshydro

I did that too![X(] But doesnt like to answer his phone!![:@] Try to get a price on the Nova n528 .28 marine motor,with no luck at any responce.
Old 08-31-2007, 04:39 PM
piper_chuck
My Feedback: (12)

ORIGINAL: Ron Olson

I don't contact Bill McGraw at Rossi Sales if I need anything from Speedmaster. Instead, I call Gary Preusse.
Ditto, unless it's something Gary doesn't happen to have in stock.
Old 08-31-2007, 04:53 PM
misshydro

But I was trying to find out if he can get them![:@] If that means no email or phone meanning that he cant get them=that no very business friendly eather.[:@]
Old 08-31-2007, 05:47 PM
terry kelly

ORIGINAL: Sean Bowf

My sewing machine shop charged me something like $14 for the belt I got from them. Pretty expensive...

Terry, is this for a MV, or another boat?? I ask, because a 17" belt on a MV is just the right size to wrap over the radio box after the boat is started. This keeps the belt from falling into any rotating items while running.

I use the 17" sullivan belt from Tower. I look forward to trying out an aquacraft belt when they come out...

Sean
yes sean this one is for the miss vegas, and i am converting all my proboats over to belt start as well. i also just ordered endplates for my engines as well, 4 of em , man this hobby is more work than my new wife of one week..lol ibought 16 1/2 inchers for the pro boats , and 17 1/2 inchers for the vegas's , the nice crippled old lady gave it to me good..lol they were 6.50 ea. and 6 for 40.00 ? how does that one figure out..lol oh well she ordered me 6 more of each so i have some spares and dont have to do this agian for sometime. and yes ron they look just like my busted prather's do... damn crooked hobby people.