Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Proboat hydro

Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Proboat hydro

Old 09-04-2007, 07:49 AM
02ram4by4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Proboat hydro

Hi I got a Formula hydro from proboat are there any tricks that I should do I just ran it for the first time seemed ok but I hit a pile of weeds and broke the prop. it has the .18 motor so is there a good prop that would be a direct replacment for the orignal one. I did read on here about them taking on alot of water. I bought fuel line clamps but the fuel tank leaks is there anything else I can do or upgrade. Also what would be a good radio to run in this boat.

Thanks Dave
Old 09-04-2007, 08:22 AM
misshydro

Default RE: Proboat hydro

You need to read the Miss Bud post it has alot of info on them!! It's the same boat as the miss bud!! You need to get a y535 metal prop for it. To keep the water out,you need to get weather gasket material to put around inside of the cowl lid. Two you need to drill a hole in your motor compartment on the left hand side back corner,were the motor compartment and radio box meet at/at corner.So the water can drain out of the motor compartment.I had to rebuild mine wood in the motor compartment because there was no water hole to drain the motor compartment out.I have three Miss Buds,Two flex drives and one strait shaft one. I'll find the bud post is at and post here for you so you can read it.Tons of info for you!!Here it is.Plus heres the video of my boat with the vegas.18 in my miss bud.[link]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18MZZWSB11M[/link][link]http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_2799689/tm.htm[/link]
Old 09-04-2007, 09:38 AM
02ram4by4

thanks Miss hydro it looks like I will have to do alot of reading. That prop has to be balanced and sharpened but I would just rather get one done allready if that is possible. one more thing is that prop a direct bolt on?

thanks Dave
Old 09-04-2007, 09:50 AM
misshydro

Yes they are!! You can also get them from aquacraftmodel.com.there almost balanced and there polished too.Some guys are just putting the aquacraft one directly on when they get them.
Old 09-04-2007, 07:23 PM
terry kelly

well we are not actually supposed to promote other places on here , but since she did anyway , and they are biased here you can email me or pm me and i can tell you a few "good places" to get your props done and purchase them as well..and fwiw .. if you go to a y435/3 blade it is a hell of a lot better in my opinion.
Old 09-04-2007, 07:47 PM
Sean Bowf

ORIGINAL: terry kelly

well we are not actually supposed to promote other places on here , but since she did anyway , and they are biased here you can email me or pm me and i can tell you a few "good places" to get your props done and purchase them as well..and fwiw .. if you go to a y435/3 blade it is a hell of a lot better in my opinion.
I think you mean M435/3 Terry.

I was not aware this could be turned that far under the water by the proboat .18 engine...

Sean
Old 09-04-2007, 07:54 PM
Dan S

The other thing is, the M435/3 is not a direct bolt on since it is made to fit a 3/16 shaft.
The drive system will have to be replaced or make some shims to fit the prop to the shaft.

Dan.
Old 09-04-2007, 08:11 PM
Sean Bowf

ORIGINAL: Dan S

The other thing is, the M435/3 is not a direct bolt on since it is made to fit a 3/16 shaft.
The drive system will have to be replaced or make some shims to fit the prop to the shaft.

Dan.
[link=http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/products.php?cat=93]M435/3[/link] has a 1/8th inch hub...

Sean
Old 09-04-2007, 09:34 PM
terry kelly

ORIGINAL: Sean Bowf

ORIGINAL: terry kelly

I think you mean M435/3 Terry.

I was not aware this could be turned that far under the water by the proboat .18 engine...

Sean
yes sir i do stand corrected "agian"...lol but it really does a good job on my number one boat with the adjustable strut. youll see it in oklahoma next year at the "showdown"
Old 09-04-2007, 09:45 PM
Dan S

ORIGINAL: Sean Bowf

ORIGINAL: Dan S

Dan.
[link=http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/products.php?cat=93]M435/3[/link] has a 1/8th inch hub...

Sean
Woops!

My bad, lol

Dan.
Old 09-05-2007, 02:31 PM
misshydro

Hay!![X(] He didnt want to go threw ballancing and pollishing props!!So I'd sudjested Aquacraft are close to ballanced and there polished,Plus from what I'd read and here on this nitro form,you can just throw the prop on asap,when you get them!! Other places like one we cant say isnt cheep and they are having proublems getting people there part on time or anytime at all![:@] And ANY WAY AQUACRAFT is one of R/C U sponcers who advertise on this sight!! Look at the top of this thread!!!
Old 09-05-2007, 10:36 PM
Dan S

Actually, ( a moderator can correct me if I wrong) but unless you work for a company that offers product for R/C boats, or you are the owner, or you are sponsored you cannot promote, but
if you are a plain regular RCU member, their is no problem for you to recommend one or more brand or one or more companies.

Their is only one company that I know of that which we cannot mention.

Dan.