Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

K+B 3.5 outboard tough to start

Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

K+B 3.5 outboard tough to start

Old 09-06-2007, 08:54 PM
bensidus197217

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default K+B 3.5 outboard tough to start

OK I'm new at nitro boats however they are so wild to see it is hard to resist. Here is my problem I have a K+B 3.5 outboard motor, I just put together a fuel tank and test bucket to run this thing in to A. see if it will run and B. to tune it. I first notice as I was forcing fuel to the carb that it was bleeding in the area where it enters the carb and also the mixture screw is there. After a lot of fooling around and all the while getting air in the fuel line,it was bleeding into the line from the carb. I did get it to run at one point but soon stopped when I fiddled with the mixture screw. I found the packing nut for the mixture screw loose and I was wondering if the air could be getting in there and messing with my fuel air mixture ratio I was also wondering what the recommended amout of turns out the mixture screw should be ? When it ran it was awesome but far too brief anybody out there have any info I would really appreciate it. Thanks Jim
Old 09-06-2007, 09:11 PM
ob nut
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: K+B 3.5 outboard tough to start

Depending on which motor you have, 4 turns out should be a good starting point. My K&B SS motor is about 5 1/4 turns out. The carb may need a good cleaning. Make sure you are using small fuel line, new if possible. What nitro % are you using?

BTW, you won't be able to tune the motor in a bucket.. Get it to a lake and test there. It's like comparing apples to oranges..

Octura x440, Prather 215 are good starting props.