Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Question for SV 27 owners

Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Question for SV 27 owners

Old 09-07-2007, 08:18 PM
1989-SHO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question for SV 27 owners

Once you get it all dialed in and broken in does it die in the middle of the lake on you? can you let it putt around at idle? can it take some small waves? When i went out to the lake for vaca i had probles with all of these things... i was luckey to have a real boat to go out and get it restart and launch from my boat. the thing would run for about a minute and then die as if a failsafe closed the carb. it would only run if i was at WOT, and it dident take the waves as well as i thought it would, i got it to do a full spiral in the air which was pretty inpressive but was totally unitentional. :P Im scared to take it to anything thats bigger than a puddle cause it dies on me so often ive had about 4 tanks thru it. im in the middle of taking a 4X6 post of pressure treated wood and turning it into a retrival craft LOL ill post some pics in a bit, its helarious, but it floats and it actually goes pretty good (in the bathtub anyways:P) well let me know whats going to happen to my boat. thanks in advance

-1989sho
Old 09-07-2007, 08:29 PM
Dan S

Default RE: Question for SV 27 owners

you could be running to lean, or

you could have a small hole somewhere in your fuel line (possible inside the tank) check if it always die at the same amount of fuel.

Check your pressure line to make sure there are no cracks,

check the tank it self to make sure its not losing pressure.

DO you have a fail safe in it???

No you can't putt around at idle, no water will be picked up for cooling.

the boat can take small wakes but when you say small waves, how small are we talking about?

and the worst case scenario, your piston and liner could be damaged causing the boat to die all the time (again WORST CASE SCENARIO).

Dan.
Old 09-07-2007, 08:33 PM
1989-SHO

the boat is brand new so no cracks in lines and i know that no water wil be picked up for cooling but still is it too much load on an engine at idle?yes i do have a failsafe in it BUT it died 99% of the time coming towards me soo i dunno, i also have a spektrum radio setup so i have quite the range and on a crystal clear channal sooo i dunno
Old 09-07-2007, 08:48 PM
Dan S

I know the boat is brand new but there are some issues with the tank, if you have a constant film/oil residue around the flip top tank or on the tank, its a sign that its leaking (there for not keeping pressure).

Nitro engine don't like to idle too long, they will overheat and the engine loads up because its getting to rich.

it may not be your radio, but just check your fail safe, it will tell you if its engaged, there could be something wrong with the fail safe or the batteries.

Dan.
Old 09-07-2007, 08:52 PM
cwaterhunter

its to lean my boat was doing the same go to 3 turns out for a few tanks at 4 its not broken in yet,, also check the fuel cap they are know for leaking.. i put a soda cap on mine amd check for burs there
Old 09-07-2007, 09:01 PM
mopartybob

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Also.... if your havin issues with the fail-safe,yank it out,specktrum Tx have a built-in fail safe......providing you don't lose battery power,loss of signal resets servo's to default position(steering/idle neutral),I'd go with at least 3 turns out and slowly lean a tick or so per tank,varie your throttle action,and during cool-off period, reset piston to BDC,so's not to deform the top of the "pinch" should you get it hot or run too lean.....
Old 09-07-2007, 09:10 PM
1989-SHO

thanks for the help, when i get my POS wood block floating and ablwe to retrive it i will take it out, thanks again BTW will post pics of it, you will have a HOOT!
Old 09-07-2007, 09:22 PM
Sean Bowf

ORIGINAL: mopartybob

Also.... if your havin issues with the fail-safe,yank it out,specktrum Tx have a built-in fail safe......providing you don't lose battery power,loss of signal resets servo's to default position(steering/idle neutral),I'd go with at least 3 turns out and slowly richen a tick or so per tank,varie your throttle action,and during cool-off period, reset piston to BDC,so's not to deform the top of the "pinch" should you get it hot or run too lean.....
I think he means to slowly LEAN it up every tank.

What I have done with my MVs (same engine as the SV27) is start at 3 turns out. Run it for two tanks, then lean it out an eigth of a turn per tank until it runs right (normally about 2.5 to 2.25 turns out).

Sean
Old 09-07-2007, 10:18 PM
Grimracer

You know,, in general most nitro motors do not have the torque to idle around the pond...

It would take a HUGE flywheel to do so,, not the intent of the SV..

Keep rocking

Grim