Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Team Infinity 18 Help tuning

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Team Infinity 18 Help tuning

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2007, 02:56 PM
1981Psycho

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Team Infinity 18 Help tuning

Hi there peeps need some help tuning my Team Infinity 18 Engine. The engine has broken in ( Probs used about 10-12 tanks of Nitro ) and have started to lean it out a little.
How will i know if i go too lean, becasue at the moment i think i am running very rich as there is a lot of burnt nitro that drips from the exhaust. On the Team Infinity engines there is only 2 screws, one is the fule mixture screw and the other is the Carb stop screw there are no HSN LSN on this engine.

I just need some basics on tuning this engine, Had it running fast but not as fast as i though, When i have the boat at half throttle it seems ok but when i give it full it dont seem to get any faster just stays at one speed. Is this a sign of running too rich or lean.

Thanks

1981-Psycho
Old 09-09-2007, 07:31 PM
misshydro

Default RE: Team Infinity 18 Help tuning

You need to turn you highspeed screw shut.Then you need turn the high speed needle back out three turns out,then start turning it in about 1/8 at a time! Most of them will run at 2 3/4--2 1/2 turns out. You'll know when you turn to much!! It will die out on you shortly/quick=meanning to lean!then back it out until she stays running.[8D] Dont touch that lowspeed screw on the side of the carb should be set already from factory![8D]So dont mess with it.
Old 09-10-2007, 05:10 AM
1981Psycho

Ok i only have two screws. One near the throttle arm with a spring on it, and one with a flat headed screw in it where the fuel pipe goes there are no more?
Old 09-10-2007, 06:02 AM
Dan S

The one with the spring on is your barrel stop screw, the other one is you HSN.

Thats the one you adjust for your mixture (lean or rich), you need to know how many turns out you have, if your at 3 your still running rich. You can still go in 1/8 at a time, the right place may be anywhere from 2 1/4 to 2 3/4. you will know its too lean when she keeps falling off pipe, than you go back out 1/8 of a turn.

Dan
Old 09-10-2007, 09:25 AM
1981Psycho

ahh right thx, got it at 3 turns will go 1/8 a time when i go to lake on sat