Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Props for .12FF Help!

Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Props for .12FF Help!

Old 09-09-2007, 09:16 PM
hydroracer11g

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Props for .12FF Help!

My son and I got out this evening with his FF.12. We have a Dynamite .12SPD motor and a 2.5 mac pipe. The pipe is set at 8.5". and using a SS 215 prop. This combo did not get us on plan. We toss launched it and would only get a bout 20 feet and stall. What other props would you guys suggest? We are running a 3/16 prop shaft.

Thanks,
Mitchell and Mark
Old 09-09-2007, 10:25 PM
Jerry Dunlap

Default RE: Props for .12FF Help!

ORIGINAL: hydroracer11g

My son and I got out this evening with his FF.12. We have a Dynamite .12SPD motor and a 2.5 mac pipe. The pipe is set at 8.5". and using a SS 215 prop. This combo did not get us on plan. We toss launched it and would only get a bout 20 feet and stall. What other props would you guys suggest? We are running a 3/16 prop shaft.

Thanks,
Mitchell and Mark
A 215 seems like a lot of prop. I'd try the smallest dia. prop you can get w/3/16" prop shaft.

JD
Old 09-09-2007, 10:55 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

The smallest that you're going ot be able to get is an Octura X-437 and that might be too much for the Dynamite SPD. Those little engines are on the lower end of being sport engines so you might have to go to a smaller propshaft to get a prop that the .12 will turn.
I had one of those engines many moons ago in a Pro Boat Nitro Fury that was made by DPI from a modified Shiada River Racer. The boat was a slug and ended up by giving it to a buddy for his kids to play with.
Old 09-09-2007, 11:32 PM
Jerry Dunlap

ORIGINAL: Ron Olson

The smallest that you're going ot be able to get is an Octura X-437 and that might be too much for the Dynamite SPD. Those little engines are on the lower end of being sport engines so you might have to go to a smaller propshaft to get a prop that the .12 will turn.
I had one of those engines many moons ago in a Pro Boat Nitro Fury that was made by DPI from a modified Shiada River Racer. The boat was a slug and ended up by giving it to a buddy for his kids to play with.
Hey, I designed that slug.

JD
Old 09-09-2007, 11:56 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Not the engine though so we can't blame you for that! I had both the Shiada and the Nitro Fury plus I talked to the owner of DPI (Dave?) and he told me that he was working on a nitro version of the Shiada but didn't mention that it was for Pro Boat. That was at the time that I was buying the 7.5 OB tunnel from him. The Shiada was a blast. I bought that for my son to mess around with.
Old 09-10-2007, 06:16 PM
ralph289

Go with a smaller shaft and use a X632, Y535 or Grimracer 36x55 (my favorite). I am running the same setup and engine as you, you won't be sorry. Give the rigger some time, there will be LOTS of things to try and adjustments to make but you will be rewarded.
Ralph
Old 09-10-2007, 06:29 PM
Sean Bowf

How about a Y536?? Not sure how that compares to what you are running now...but might be worth a try since it fits on your current props shaft.

Sean