Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

K&B parts????????

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

K&B parts????????

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 09:45 PM
steinersamuel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default K&B parts????????

Hi, I'm new to the out board sene but have been around nitro for years. I just recieved a tunnel in a trade with a 7.5 K&B outboard, I guess I have a few guestions. Does anyone know of any good companys that supply parts for these motors? And do these motors have any type of propshaft bearing or bushing that is replacable? The one I recieved is a little sloppy. I would like to tighten that up before the maiden voyage. Also what is the maintanence schedule for the lower unit? Do you have to dissasemble to lube the cable, or is there a way to just slide it out? Sorry for all of the questions, I just want to make sure I'm doing all I can to make this thing last, as it looks like the person before me may not have. I will also post a picture asap, as I have no idea who makes this hull and it would be great if someone could help me identify it. Thanks for your help -Sam-
Old 09-13-2007, 07:54 AM
r/cmark42
My Feedback: (8)

Default RE: K&B parts????????

You can find parts and manuals on this site

http://www.mecoa.com/
Old 09-13-2007, 09:21 AM
piper_chuck
My Feedback: (12)

A great source of K&B parts, and knowledge, is Gary Preusse at G&M Models. He doesn't have a comprehensive web site, or email, so to contact him you need to call 630-279-2451.
Old 09-16-2007, 07:23 PM
steinersamuel

Thanks for your help guys. I finaly got a chance to fire this thing up and there is definately something wrong. It fires rite up and idles good but when you give it throttle it acts very eratic. It revs very hight when you let off the trottle and free revs for 4 seconds or so before finaly coming down to an idle. It almost acts as if there was an air leak but I went around the crank seals, intake area, ect with a shot of wd40 it did'nt phase it. Has anyone else experienced this? I checked to make sure the carb was not sticking, and it was'nt. PLEASE HELP!!!! Thanks to all. Sam
Old 01-01-2008, 12:45 PM
KENT SEAL

It could be caused from a pinhole in the fuel line or you need to check out the copper ring on the glowplug and replace if damaged. The copper should be flat with no distortion or cracks. Hope this helps
Old 01-01-2008, 12:57 PM
gooycheese

I would guess you are lean, the boat shouldn't idle real well it should need to be blipped a little to keep it running. Also unless you have some water to put the boat in testing and trying to set the carb are really not possible, the engine needs resistance ( and holding a boat in a tub of water is creating cavitation not resistance.

Paul
Old 01-01-2008, 01:06 PM
jetpack
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can try using red grease to help seal up the carb barrel to the housing. Sometimes it's a loose fit there and allows a bunch of air to seep past, and when the throttle is closed it still grabs air through there till the mixure settles down. "Loose" carbs are a pain to deal with or out-guess sometimes.