Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Miss Vegas VS. Proboat Formula

Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Miss Vegas VS. Proboat Formula

Old 09-13-2007, 09:23 AM
Resident Dawg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Miss Vegas VS. Proboat Formula

I am going to be buying a new Nitro RTR and at a point in which one do I choose. Any opinions will be helpful.

Miss Vegas or the Pro Boat Formula

thanks for you input

Regards

RD
Old 09-13-2007, 09:34 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: Miss Vegas VS. Proboat Formula

The Vegas, you'll be much happier with it.
Old 09-13-2007, 09:43 AM
brc51

What is the problem with the formula. I have a miss budwizer and it does alright. my thunder cat was a problem right out of the box,but now is straightened out.
Old 09-13-2007, 10:07 AM
misshydro

Dude lisen to Ron on that one!! Plus I have three Miss Buds and two Miss Vegas's!!! The vegas is a faster boat the the Buds Elum Llumars or Formula boats!! But I do have one old Miss bud strait shaft AKA Miss Blue Angel that I'd put a vegas.18 in it and she walks over my vegas before I'd put the.21 in it!! But if you want a fast RTR out of the boat with bigger motor compartment for bigger motor upgrades and adjustable strut,The vegas is number one choice!!!! All the proboats hydro dont have strut adjustment!! Thats hurt the boat big time!![:@] Look at all the winnings!!! Most races are won by guys&girls who own vegas's!!!!!
Old 09-13-2007, 10:14 AM
brc51

Well i just wanted to know what problems they are supposed to have,Ive had more problems with my thunder cat than any i have,and my old traxxas nitro vee has had problems but nothing severe,I also have a hot shot wood sprint with 3.5 kb and two lap cat II and one lapcatIII with os and kb engines ,miss bud was first rtr boat I had bought but still prefer building my own. I havent had any problems with miss bud ,but i didnt buy it for racing but as a play boat. And i was considering buying a formula for another.
Old 09-13-2007, 10:25 AM
brc51

was just wondering
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl28807.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	762151  
Old 09-13-2007, 08:59 PM
misshydro

All they did to the formula is cut off the old lobster tail at the rear and add a.18. The boat I bet still has the same old proublem as the Miss Buds flex drives![&:] I had a hard time to get mine to take off!![:@] The wood on the inside sucks!!! because the dummys didnt put a drain hole in the motor compartment for water to drain out!! It caused the wood to go bad!! [:@]JW had to repair the right side!![8D] But now I'm going to take that wood out and replace the hole inside motor compartment,all because no drain hole!![:@] I'm going to convert that Bud to a Formula.Plus add the vegas rudder and adjustable strut too!! I live 30 mins from them!! And they do test runs in ower lake with all of there boats!! To me for the money and easy to work on boat is the vegas!! I'd wish I'd wouldve known that last year!![] There out of the boat fast no mods to make them fast!! But if you want faster the mod isnt hard to do!! If you got one you'll know what we're talking about!!
Old 09-13-2007, 09:57 PM
brc51

Thank you that is the kind of information i was asking for,but my miss bud has been no problem but will look her over and correct that problem that you mentioned and the old .15 is ok as its not one of my race boats just a play at the lake boat,my racers are still tunnel hulls with kb outboards and one os on my sprint. BUT it makes me not want to buy a formula,And will consider building a 1/8 hydro instead of a rtr this winter because ill know what im getting and enjoy the build. to me a boat rtr out of the box that has that many problems means ill build my own and enjoy doing it so will order kit next monday to get started and pull out the ops engine thats been sitting.
Old 09-13-2007, 10:21 PM
webdr

I just finished the RCUniverse official review of the Proboat Formula. Should go live next week, probally monday. Check it out before you buy, you may be pleasantly suprised...she's fast out the box and add an octura y535 prop and she runs alot better. I just bought the *** adjustable strut so problem solved w/ getting the rear end out of the water. Aside from a servo tray that moves a bit, its a solid boat.
The problem with the engine compartment not having a drain hole...drill a hole! Its that easy. Once you drill a small hole in the left corner of the engine compartment, all the water will run to the rear. Check the video too, youll see its pretty quick.
Old 09-13-2007, 10:55 PM
terry kelly

ORIGINAL: webdr

I just bought the *** adjustable strut so problem solved w/ getting the rear end out of the water.
WOW.....you actually got your stuff.. i have been fighting for about 2 weeks to get the rest of my stuff i have had on order for about 1 month , i keep getting the same bull , the post office screwed up the label and it shipped then was returned.. i praised these clowns before when they got my stuff so soon and supported the jerks in the bad times .. no more, i will be doing what i can to get some stuff produced for these rtr boats , you have my word on that and we will soon see what it is like to get our "quality" stuff and on time. and yes i own 4 proboats and 4 vegas's now all are modded heavily and i have 2 stock vegas's readying themselves for the big showdown next year in oklahoma. i would not race anything but a vegas now. my proboats are really fast but no where near as stable as the vegas.
Old 09-14-2007, 08:09 AM
Resident Dawg

Thank you all for your input. It looks like I will be purchasing a new Miss Vegas this weekend.

Regards

RD
Old 09-14-2007, 10:28 AM
MORE SPEED

How fast does the miss vegas go

MORE SPEED
Old 09-14-2007, 10:36 AM
Dan S

From every thread that I have seen so far on the Vegas and the GPS readings posted(pictured), the speed varies from 30 to 50+ Mph (thats from out of the box to modded).

Dan.
Old 09-14-2007, 10:45 AM
MORE SPEED

Thanks

MORE SPEED
Old 09-14-2007, 04:32 PM
Sean Bowf

ORIGINAL: MORE SPEED

How fast does the miss vegas go

MORE SPEED
Out of the box, with no mods except a prop change to a balanced/sharpened Y535, around 33-34MPH if properly tuned.

EDIT...should have read the whole thread...looks like its been answered already.

Sean