Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Complete newbie

Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Complete newbie

Old 09-14-2007, 01:15 PM
mt2iow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Complete newbie

i am looking into getting a nitro boat.

i have seen some boats i like the look of
they are;

blackjack 26
miss budwiser
and a aquacraft deep v

can someone help me in a good choice for my first boat.

i would like under under £200 thanks
Old 09-14-2007, 01:24 PM
ryan_t888

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Complete newbie

I don't believe Aquacraft makes a deep vee but I would recommend the SuperVee 27 Nitro RTR made by Aquacraft. I would avoid the miss bud and BJ26. Miss Vegas is a much better hydro choice.

Ryan
Old 09-14-2007, 01:41 PM
joseywales

Miss Bud is no longer being made. You can only find them used and most of the time are damaged from running them.The aquacraft V sw27 nitro is a good boat!! The blackjack has drive joint problems big time. If you like hydros??Get the miss vegas!! She's a fast out of the box hydro!! Guys are getting 35-43 mhp out of them. The Miss Vegas beats the Buds big time for speeds and upgrades.Miss Vegas has an adjustable strut,Buds doesnt,Vegas has huge motor compartment= easyer to work on plus bigger motor upgrades=.21'motors.heres video of the vegas and super V 27 Plus one bud,That's my girlfriend boat with a vegas.18 in it,that why she faster then the stock.15 that was in it!![link]http://video1.hobbico.com/gallery/aqu/aqub32-deluxe.mpg[/link][link]http://video1.hobbico.com/gallery/aqu/aqub22-deluxe.mpg[/link][link]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18MZZWSB11M[/link]
Old 09-14-2007, 02:44 PM
zippymustang610

i have 2 blackjacks and a super vee 27 i would avoid the blackjack and go for an aquacraft boat for your first. The aquacrafts are made better out of the box and will give u far less hassle than the blackjack or the formula. blackjack is indeed a sweet looking boat but the stock motor isn't the best and the drive line needs work as well.
Old 09-14-2007, 02:45 PM
MORE SPEED

Is it true that Miss Vegas can only turn right at a high speed and if so, can this be changed??

MORE SPEED

PS. Have I seen you somewhere else mt2iow??
Old 09-14-2007, 02:55 PM
bassproguy07

Just wondering, do you have any experience with nitro motors? I was in your position a year ago and was wanting to get out of the electric boat portion of the hobby and wanted to get a nitro. I bought a Nitro hammer, and I was completely surprised at how difficult it was to get the boat tuned with absolutely no experience. Im not trying to turn you away from a Nitro boat whatsoever, they are great fun. What I do want you to know is if your new to nitro, do your research, follow every instruction, and take advise from people who know about nitros, something I wish I would have done. After hours and hours of tinkering with carb settings I finally got my boat running right but it could have been easier if Ida done it the right way. As for boat selection, you cant go wrong with the SV27, its a great boat and is super fast. From what I've heard it would be your best bet out of the three, although the vegas is probably the fastest, the V bottom boats IMHO are more stable for the beginner and handle a little better than the hydros wich are set up to turn to one direction. Anyone corect me if I'm wrong, as I am stll some sort of a newb myself only having a year experience with nitro boating, just dnt want someone making the mistakes I did.

Chad
Old 09-14-2007, 03:22 PM
MORE SPEED

I do have a little experience with nitros in the shape of a car.

MORE SPEED
Old 09-14-2007, 03:31 PM
mt2iow

erm yeh but this is my thread

i have a sav and an mt2 so i have nitro experience.

i rele like the look of the hammer for a first boat so might go down that route

any info would be helful
Old 09-14-2007, 05:51 PM
misshydro

Dang JW you beat me to this!!![:@] All Nitro boat turns right because of the motor rotation.[&:]To answer your question, they all turn right!
Old 09-14-2007, 07:58 PM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

MORE SPEED, to expand on Misshydro's reply, due to the clockwise prop rotation, it is extremely difficult to make the Vegas anything more than a right turn boat. This is because the boat has only three points in contact with the water, the last inch or so of the sponson bottoms and the prop. The prop is normally half out of the water, in effect, giving it a paddle wheel effect. IF you were to move the skid fin to the left sponson, the boat would be able to turn left. The only problem with that is you would not be able to turn as sharply to the left as you presently can to the right and you would loose the ability to turn right at speed. This applies to any R/C hydro running a normal engine rotation.
Old 09-14-2007, 10:38 PM
nothinbetr2do

check this one out, i just got one a few weeks ago and it's great. i had no problems at all with it, runs great http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=PRB2750
Old 09-15-2007, 02:05 AM
bassproguy07

I do have the Nitro hammer, but I wouldnt recommend getting it if you want speed. The prop location isnt all that great whereas the sv27 has a surface drive. I think the SV would be the best bet if you like the look of the hammer but want more performance, get the sv. Sure it may cost more but you'll be able to go faster with it. My stock nitro hammer does about 25 or less mph and I think the sv is in the 30's. If you want to get an out of the box, pretty much race ready boat that looks BA then get the vegas but thats just my opinion. but like I said the hammer is a good boat for cruisin the small pond I run in and chasing ducks but it just isnt as fast as I would like.