Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

.15 rigger

Old 09-14-2007, 02:45 PM
bassproguy07

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default .15 rigger

Ok, i'm kind of new to the RC boat world but have had a Nitro Hammer for a year now and want to upgrade to something faster. I'd like to build a rigger and use my aquacraft motor. Are there any rigger kits out there that would work with this size motor? I'm not looking to race, just to go really fast on our city pond. If anyone has any suggestions other than a rigger type boat that would be great too.
Old 09-14-2007, 04:35 PM
Sean Bowf

Default RE: .15 rigger

I would look into the FF .12...but not sure if you can get an engine in there with a pullstart on it...

Sean
Old 09-14-2007, 04:42 PM
gooycheese

Well there is a Firefighter boat they are either plans built or kit built here is the website : www.firefighterboats.com . First I will say when you get this boat running the way it should it will probably run 20mph faster than it did in the hammer. I will also say riggers look like they are the easiest boats to build and run but they are the hardest boats to setup to run correctly. Also so you know a rigger is not meant to go slow it is meant to go fast turn right and so on. The engine you are using will probably get you around 40mph or so, I tried a traxxas .15 and could only do 40 in my blazzin .12 boat (the OS CVR .12 I was able to do 47mph). If you do decide to build a rigger take your time the better the boat is built the better it will run.

Paul
Old 09-15-2007, 02:11 AM
bassproguy07

yes I do know about the riggers being complicated but i Love the way the look screaming accross the water. I am experienced with fiberglass work, and wood work so I think I am ready for the challenge. I just dont get the satisfaction out of my RTR than I did with my electric boats I built. If I don't decide to build a rigger i will most likely modify my hammer or something. Thank you for your help though I really appreciate it.