Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Wichita Fun run this weekend

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Wichita Fun run this weekend

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2007, 10:08 PM
Sean Bowf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wichita Fun run this weekend

I should have posted this a week or two ago...but Wichita had a fun run yesterday.

Mother nature did not cooperate at all. We had 20+ MPH winds. I think the largest quantity of boats in a single class there was Mod RTR again. There were 5 mod RTRs, and 4 stock RTRs (only 2 of the stocks ran due to the water conditions).

Anyhow, here is a link to a video that shows the kind of conditions we tried to run in: http://media.putfile.com/Wichita-Fun-Run-RTR-Miss-vegas

The racers took a vote and decided to go ahead and run for the Grudge trophy. It was more of a race of survival than anything else. I did not finish a single heat..or really get any testing in at all. Lots of wet radio boxes due to our boats spending too much time out there dead on the water...

The stock RTRs actually got a lot further than the Mod RTRs. The kids did a real good job driving them.

The other races that were run were open mono and gas Cat. Other than that, they had open water before the heats, and a little after (recovery boat battery was about dead).

Sean
Old 10-01-2007, 06:50 AM
webdr

Default RE: Wichita Fun run this weekend

wow, nice conditions!

Looked like fun!
Old 10-01-2007, 10:21 AM
Kelly Miller

Looks like Mr. Robe took Grudge this time. Sean..if I am not mistaken He had the sponson mod, but I imagine it was too rough to get a lot of speed.

Looks like you guys had a good time, wish I could have been there.

Kelly
Old 10-01-2007, 10:24 AM
wave waker

good race between the black n' red boat..[sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 10-01-2007, 10:42 AM
Sean Bowf

ORIGINAL: Kelly Miller

Looks like Mr. Robe took Grudge this time. Sean..if I am not mistaken He had the sponson mod, but I imagine it was too rough to get a lot of speed.

Looks like you guys had a good time, wish I could have been there.

Kelly
He did modify his sponsons, but not like what JD posted. He just put some skid plates on.

I would like to see his boat run on flat water. I don't want to take anything away from his win, but he won because he was running at the end of the race, not because his boat was fastest (as you eluded to, really hard to tell who had any speed out there). He does have one of the most modded MVs I have seen...being Yota's old boat (new radio box, fuel tank, stuffing tube moved...etc...etc...)...so would be curious to see it run on flat water.

Sean
Old 10-02-2007, 12:36 PM
007clint

Wow -- that was rough water! Where do you get a radio-control aircraft carrier when you need one?
Old 10-02-2007, 07:02 PM
RcBoatman59

His boat was pretty fast, I saw it run in the morning when the wind was only blowing about 19 mph !!
He and I were going back and forth a few times, but my boat seems to think its more plane than boat !
Once again, I dint finish a heat, but......I did get a start !!! (I dont think anyone else got a start accept the pink boat, why do they always have to be pink ???)
Thats ok, we still have a few more weeks of running weather, and there's always Texas !
The trophy will be mine, oh yes it will...