Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

SC 0.61 Nitro Motor

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

SC 0.61 Nitro Motor

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 10:52 AM
glennb2006

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SC 0.61 Nitro Motor

Hi there,

got a small boat with an SC .61 glow motor in it for playing around with. It's got about 3 hours tops on the motor. I am finding that the carb settings seem to need constant adjustment, run it one day, get it set up and it's fine, then next time out it has all changed again, and I do not mean one or two clicks on the needle here and there, this is like a whole turn difference.

Also, it is an absolute swine to start when it's been sitting for a week or so.

My question, does anyone have any base carb set up ideas or ideas as to my problem? It runs fine and starts again easy once it's been running.

I am almost on the verge of buying another carb for it to try and see what happens.

Cheers,

Glenn
Old 10-23-2007, 11:12 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: SC 0.61 Nitro Motor

Welcome to the wonderful world of nitro boats. We have this thing called the weather that makes them run that way. The temperature and humidity among other things make tuning engines sometimes a challenge.
The fuel left in the line may be mucking up the needle. If allowed to sit for a while, the oil can start to get sticky and turn into a shellac.
Old 10-24-2007, 04:47 AM
glennb2006

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: SC 0.61 Nitro Motor

Hi Ron,

thanks for the reply, I got the engine out and onto the test bench. Got it to the point where it would start when looking at it (easy), then the next day, same again, big adjustments to make to the carb needles to get it to run correctly.

In the end, it was becoming such a strange one that I bought a replacement carb from the people below, I got the Jen TN2.

http://justengines.co.uk/

Fitted it, set it up and tuned it. Now, no more problems. The motor starts and seems to idle better than it did too. Maybe the carbs on the SC engine are just not very good?

Glenn