Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

help my new spektrum wont work

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

help my new spektrum wont work

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 11:47 PM
mck22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help my new spektrum wont work

I have a new spektrum dx2.0 radio. I am hooking it up to a thundercat 31 and i have followed the instructions as best as i can. I first changed the on/off switch on top of the plastic cover, and drilled a hole for the rod to go into. I then changed out all the servos and ran the wire for those. I pluged the throttle servo into the failsafe and then ran the failsafe into the spot that says THR. I then pluged the one for the rutter into the one that says STR. The switch is ran right into the BAT spot on the receiver. Then followed up with taking the battery box wire into the other end of the switch. When i turn it on i get a small flash from the green light , but then it goes off right away. If i take the battery box an plug it right into the BAT/TEL i get a constant green light, but that means no switch to turn it on and off. At no point do i get anything from the failsafe. What is the deal? What am I doing wrong? Do i need to put anything into the AUX opening of the receiver? PLEASE HELP ME.
Old 10-26-2007, 12:13 AM
mopartybob

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: help my new spektrum wont work

remove the aftermarket fail-safe,(it's not needed),your SpeKtrum unit has one built in,this is your problem in binding the Tx to the Rx.....read the manual carefully on how to setup the fail-safe points,... on a nitro it's advisable to have it shut off the engine....
Old 10-26-2007, 09:01 AM
av8torjim

Hi Bob! Actually, he might want to use the aftermarket fail-safe, but he should bind the receiver first. Plug everything in except the fail-safe. Bind the receiver per the manual (With the transmitter off, hold the button on the receiver down while turning on the power. The light on the receiver should flash continuously. Press the binding button on the back of the transmitter, move the throttle to its lowest setting and turn on the transmitter. The receiver light should blink quickly and then become a constant light. Once it's done, test the setup to make sure the servos are moving, going the right direction, etc. )

The reason you might want the aftermarket fail-safe is that the Spektrum fail-safe built into the receiver is only for loss of signal. As you may recall Bob, I lost an engine in my NV because my receiver pack died on me. I now run a fail-safe that detects low voltage. Make sure your fail-safe can detect low voltage. If it can't get a new one or follow Bob's advice and get rid of it. The Spektrum will handle the loss of signal problem. Good luck.

Jim
Old 10-26-2007, 09:20 AM
mopartybob

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey jim,...been staying on the beach?..LOL..(),I'm using a SpeKtrum module on a 3pk,the module does have a low-voltage(fail-safe) sensor which has never failed me yet,I'm not sure, but one would think the brand specific (SpeKtrum)Tx would have it also.......[:-] Good hearin from ya buddy...
Old 10-26-2007, 05:17 PM
av8torjim

That's interesting. Someone in another thread posted a response from Spektrum that their failsafe was only for loss of signal. I've never tried to see whether it will work with low batteries. I'll give it a try. I guess the modules probably came after the Spektrum transmitters and receivers, so maybe they upgraded the design. Take care.

Jim