Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

OS 77 VR-m ABC engine

Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

OS 77 VR-m ABC engine

Old 11-05-2007, 07:18 PM
Tidnab
My Feedback: (51)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default OS 77 VR-m ABC engine

I aquired this engine in a deal for 2 boats,an electric Dumas Dauntless and a Dumas Scarab 38KV 55" in which the OS was in.I'm going to put a Zen 260 or a Sikk in the Scarab and was going to get rid of the OS,but decided to keep it for another project.It has 3.9 bhp/22,000 rpm and an rpm range of 2,000-25,000 rpm.I'd like to get the engine checked out and refreshed.Is this engine worth the cost to do this and where could I send it ?
Old 11-05-2007, 10:02 PM
f16man

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: OS 77 VR-m ABC engine

I have owned 7 os 77's still have three they are actually ducted fan engines but in reality the only differance is the cylinder head, there was three versions , large heat sink head for byrofans witch are pusher fans, small head for tractor fans and the water cooled marine head. All used the same case ,crank cylinder and piston, in their day they were the best ducted fan engine out there and not many picco or rossi powered plane could keep up with my os's. I don't belive that os has any more of the pistons and liners for the 77 but I have not tried to get in touch with them, we may get lucky, I DO HAVE SOME SPARE PARTS AND WOULD LOVE TO HELP YOU OUT WITH YOUR ENGINE,Ilive in manteca california and my cell # is209 479 1038 call any time.
Old 11-06-2007, 02:03 PM
Tidnab
My Feedback: (51)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

f16man,OS does have a few small parts left for the 77VR-m.I found a couple of other places online that also have some parts,but I didn't save the location.Now I have to search again to find them.
Old 11-06-2007, 08:29 PM
f16man

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you would like to send me your engine I would be happy to work it over for you just because I'd have another os 77 fan out there, buy the way are you a hockey fan as my nephew plays for the penguins his name is Ryan Whitney 1st line defence.