Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

What is a Good Low matinance/easy to work on boat??

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

What is a Good Low matinance/easy to work on boat??

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 02:33 PM
ddmracing05

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is a Good Low matinance/easy to work on boat??

Im going to get my 2nd Nitro since my first one (blackjack 26) was a Disastor comming to the motor So basically my first Nitro boat. It was messed up from the factory and wouldnt do anything about it. Im currently using a SV27 brushless that im happy with. Water is calm most of the time so I can get either deep V or anything else. IM a noob so I need something that is easy to learn with and low matinance, also reliable.

Im firmialr with Gas engines like the G26 and stuff but People tell me nitro is a whole different story.
Old 11-18-2007, 02:51 PM
nothinbetr2do

Default RE: What is a Good Low matinance/easy to work on boat??

i bought this one this summer and have had nothing but fun with it. http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=PRB2750
Old 11-18-2007, 07:35 PM
piper_chuck
My Feedback: (12)

The easiest boat I have from a maintenance perspective is my Topspeed 2 with an OS outboard. Since the engine is hanging off the back, cleanup is easy. Engine and driveline maintenance is also simplified since it's all contained in one unit.
Old 11-19-2007, 10:30 AM
ddmracing05

What if the boat flips? Doesnt that mean water will get in my motor easier and then I will have to take it apart and Get all the water out more often? Only thing I hate about going Nitro... Most of the time I think Im going to be doing more work than driving.
Old 11-19-2007, 10:37 AM
nothinbetr2do

ORIGINAL: ddmracing05

What if the boat flips? Doesnt that mean water will get in my motor easier and then I will have to take it apart and Get all the water out more often? Only thing I hate about going Nitro... Most of the time I think Im going to be doing more work than driving.
when mine flips over i just take the glow plug out, and turn it over as if it flooded. then reprime it, then fire it back up. then off and running again. and they have drain plugs to get the water out off the hull. i find them being no more work than any other nitro
Old 11-19-2007, 04:52 PM
dicko

my TS2 is the easiest boat (electric, gas or nitro) I have to work on. get that with the OS 21 outboard.
Old 12-03-2007, 03:45 PM
ChiliConCarter

dd,When you find out the answer to this question please let me KNOW,Just kidding I'm not an expert by any means (this was my 3rd summer running nitro's) but i've had my best luck overall with the TC31,my SW36 would be second, the only major changes to them for me has been carbs and props.The TC ran pretty good right out of the box and the SW's not far behind.The boat I've had more problems with is a Miss Vegas,not saying it's a bad boat but i've spent twice the $ and time trying to get it right.I'm thinking about a tunnel boat for next year also 'as I see quite a few people recommending them.Good Luck!!!
Old 12-03-2007, 07:03 PM
Dan S

Maintenance on a inboard or outboard Nitro engine when upside down in the water is the same thing, you don't take them apart, just remove plug, drain water, add a couple of drops of after run, couple of turns, drain again, put plug and start.

pretty simple.

Dan.