Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Tunning Blackjack 26 Nitro - Help!

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Tunning Blackjack 26 Nitro - Help!

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 05:33 PM
fastawdtsi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tunning Blackjack 26 Nitro - Help!

Ok;
I've been into R/C Car's/Trunks for quite some time now, and am pretty familiar with breaking in nitro engines. This is my first boat, and water-cooled engine, and am a little confused about some things.

I set the needle settings to factory plus backed them off about 1/4 turn for break-in. I've ran nearly 6 tanks with this rich setting, and am starting to lean the engine out. This is where I get confused...I don't see a trail of blue smoke - which is what I'm used to, and the boat doesn't perform like I thought it would. It seems to accelerate pretty hard, but once it gets near the high rpms, it loses power, but does not die.

I take several passes and check the temperature just to make sure it isn't running too hot, but being a water-cooled head, I never see the head/glowplug temp exceed 140 degrees. I also check the temps all around the engine and they too never exceed 140 degrees.

So, can I go off head temperatures? should I see a nice trail of nitro smoke - or is the rooster-tail hiding it?

Thanks everyone!

-Ernie
Old 11-18-2007, 05:59 PM
misshydro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Tunning Blackjack 26 Nitro - Help!

Sometime you dont see any smoke. The.15 setting is usely at 2 1/2-3 turns out to start with then turn 1/8 turns in.Mine on my Miss bud was at 2 1/2 out. But with a vegas.18 it was about 2 1/4 out.Try to lean it alttle bit more. You can go more on the head temp,about 160?I read it some were about motor temps. The other guys would know this too. I dont have a temp gage.[] So I just go how the motor runs. If the motor dies in the water at a very short running time,your motor it's to lean.If you motor runs but not maken power very well,then your to rich . You boat should start maken faster speeds when you start leanning the carb in. Here what you should do.Start over. Turn the highspeed needle in all the way shut.Then turn it out about 3 turns.Then turn the needle about 1/8 turns in at a time.The motor should start picking up power and speed.Then you should be there on the power.You'll know when you went to far.The motor will lose power and speed. Hope this helps you out[8D]