Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

my unknow set-up

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

my unknow set-up

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 11:37 PM
navyeoseabee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my unknow set-up

okay from what i understand it is a .67 size engine but what i am wondering is the crankcase the same size as lets say a .65-90 ...where i am coming from is with 1/8th scale cars you have the small block .12-.20(traxxas3.3) then you have the big blocks .21-.32 what is the various engines i can run in this boat if it is known to run with a .67

here is a old post that i made with alot more pics on it if needed
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_67...tm.htm#6733873
what is your shopping list of hardware to put on this boat?? i know "top sercret" makes soem good stuff but the boat does not measure enought to be 1/8 size like the miss bud/lumar so i am unsure what to go with ....i know many of you would say to sit it aside and buy a rtr but i like to dive head over heels in a new hobby ( comming from cars/truck for 13 years) and end up with some thing nice that i did from "ground zero" as bush would say! thanks for looking arick

Old 01-07-2008, 11:38 PM
navyeoseabee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: my unknow set-up

any help would be great ...even if you only how to prep the hull for paint ...i have been eyeing the air age books on how-to's are they that good?
Old 01-08-2008, 07:04 AM
f16man

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Speedmaster or octura can set you up with some great hardware, engines are pricey, mac 67 ,cmb 67, picco,rossi, os max, k&b,ops are the most used in 1/8 scale note some of those are out of production and parts may be hard to locate, i belive the mac is back in production or will be very soon , that would be my first choice and two cents worth.
Old 01-08-2008, 07:09 AM
f16man

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

PS Iwould loose the original motor mount blocks and get a hummdinger mount from octura.