Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

AMPS hulls & outboards pics & tips {Agnew Model Propulsion Systems}

Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

AMPS hulls & outboards pics & tips {Agnew Model Propulsion Systems}

Old 03-30-2008, 08:51 PM
specialk1

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: AMPS hulls & outboards pics& tips

ORIGINAL: joe rocket

Here are some my boats. That was the white Budlight tunnels first and only run. I had decals made for it. I see someone else has posted some pictures of my toys. I guess I'm famous. ha ha ha
well if you have an {amps} that makes you famous..[X(] great shots ..I like the kool paint...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk26348.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	917939   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ie98003.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	917940  
Old 03-30-2008, 11:29 PM
paint-boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: AMPS hulls & outboards pics & tips international hobbies

ORIGINAL: specialk1
thanks ...we will try I like the twin outdrive .that boat belongs to a rcu member
The twin drive scarab project is mine. I've been working (I use that term VERY loosely) on finishing it. It's getting closer to done....working on driveline and electronics now. The brass rod between the outdrives in a couple pics was a temporary spacer. Each outdrive has a dedicated servo with two links going to each side of the outdrive.

Name:	Nl30532.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	918056   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fa87205.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	101.7 KB
ID:	918057   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lq37102.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	99.4 KB
ID:	918058   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ys48914.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	32.7 KB
ID:	918059   Click image for larger version

Name:	Db84264.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	84.4 KB
ID:	918060  
Old 03-31-2008, 09:45 AM
joe rocket

I like the e-start. I sure could use it on my race boats. The earlier pics of the Budlight and the outboards in the pink foam are mine.My wife thinks I'm crazy for collecting them but right now there going up faster than my 401k. I do have a copy of the amps promotional video they used to sell them.I would like an original one so if anybody has one let me know.

Name:	Hf98317.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	918334  
Old 03-31-2008, 03:31 PM
specialk1

I like the e-start. I sure could use it on my race boats. The earlier pics of the Budlight and the outboards in the pink foam are mine.My wife thinks I'm crazy for collecting them but right now there going up faster than my 401k. I do have a copy of the amps promotional video they used to sell them.I would like an original one so if anybody has one let me know.
[X(] you should post up the amps promotional video on utube and we can make a link to it here i have never seen it

Name:	Yv65973.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	19.7 KB
ID:	918576  
Old 03-31-2008, 03:44 PM
joe rocket

If I knew how I would but since I can just barely get pics on the web a movie will never happen.
Old 03-31-2008, 03:47 PM
specialk1

ORIGINAL: paint-boy

thanks ...we will try I like the twin outdrive .that boat belongs to a rcu member
The twin drive scarab project is mine. I've been working (I use that term VERY loosely) on finishing it. It's getting closer to done....working on driveline and electronics now. The brass rod between the outdrives in a couple pics was a temporary spacer. Each outdrive has a dedicated servo with two links going to each side of the outdrive.
is that two 4 stroke ??? got to love a thumper!!![&:]
Old 03-31-2008, 03:48 PM
specialk1

If I knew how I would but since I can just barely get pics on the web a movie will never happen.
is it on a vhs tape?
Old 03-31-2008, 04:04 PM
joe rocket

yes from the late 80's
Old 03-31-2008, 04:27 PM
specialk1

ORIGINAL: gas pump bill

WOW THATS THE SECOND ENGINE YOUVE SHOWN THIS WEEK WITH AN AMPS/ ZENOAH COMBO. THE FUTURE IS LOOKING FOR OUTBOARDS, BUT GIVEN THE PRICE OF GASOLINE MABY WE NEAD TO BE DEVELOPEING AN ENGINE THAT RUNS ON JACK DANIELS. WHERE CAN WE GET SOME TECKS ON THESE ENGINES?
i thingk i some ifo on that gas outboard//i will find soon

Name:	Om33512.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	80.2 KB
ID:	918611  
Old 03-31-2008, 04:35 PM
specialk1

ORIGINAL: 4square

Ok, here's the pictures, It just looks like the motor needs to be attached with a spacer or the bottom of the boat needs to be trimmed, I purchased this boat from someone that mounted a K&B to it with an adjustable mounting plate. There is a hole in the transom where at one time a previous owner mounted or tried to mount the adj. trim bracket. Any suggestions guys?
/Users/williamladue/Desktop/Seebold transome.jpg
/Users/williamladue/Desktop/Seebold full.jpg
I must not be uploading these pics correctly??javascript:void(AddText('[\&o]',''))
i saw one of these on eBay this weekyour going to need it

Name:	Fc90054.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	14.2 KB
ID:	918613  
Old 03-31-2008, 07:55 PM
4square

]

Ok, here's the pictures, It just looks like the motor needs to be attached with a spacer or the bottom of the boat needs to be trimmed, I purchased this boat from someone that mounted a K&B to it with an adjustable mounting plate. There is a hole in the transom where at one time a previous owner mounted or tried to mount the adj. trim bracket. Any suggestions guys?
I must not be uploading these pics correctly??javascript:void(AddText('[\&o]',''))
i saw one of these on eBay this weekyour going to need it
Thanks, I picked that one up 3 weeks ago off eBay, I just fixed that broken-off set screw last night, and believe it or not, the SS center shaft is actually an old chrome plated steel shock shaft. Ha!
I'll just replace it with an 1/8" rod after fitting everything to the hull. Just goes to show-- you really gotta LOOK closely at pictures.
Thanks for all your help, it's really great having a forum like this to provide information on an almost lost product.

Old 03-31-2008, 08:40 PM
paint-boy

Yeah all I've gotten is flak for trying to "think outside the box" I figured if I was going for a scale twin drive setup....the least I could try for was a scalish sound also. Since there aren't any readily available water cooled 4-strokers (the size I wanted) I decided to try twin YS 63S's I'll try and watercool them myself (that's the point I'm kinda at now) Also trying to figure out a good starting point for a prop (size and pitch) I can obviously swing a larger dia. prop with the 4-stroke to make up for the lower rpms.....but at the same time don't want to over torque the AMPS drives. Any suggestions?? I'll ask in this AMPS thread.....since I don't get many good responses or interest anywhere else I ask (not on RCU) Thanks
Old 03-31-2008, 09:28 PM
specialk1

Yeah all I've gotten is flak for trying to "think outside the box" I figured if I was going for a scale twin drive setup....the least I could try for was a scalish sound also. Since there aren't any readily available water cooled 4-strokers (the size I wanted) I decided to try twin YS 63S's I'll try and watercool them myself (that's the point I'm kinda at now) Also trying to figure out a good starting point for a prop (size and pitch) I can obviously swing a larger dia. prop with the 4-stroke to make up for the lower rpms.....but at the same time don't want to over torque the AMPS drives. Any suggestions?? I'll ask in this AMPS thread.....since I don't get many good responses or interest anywhere else I ask (not on RCU) Thanks
don't let them give you flak for trying .the only one i have seen was a YS 63S with a home made shell for water cooling the guy had a electric water pump to give it better water flow at lower speed .. don't go to large on the prop ..are your outdrives counter rotating???? i would go for a nice 5 blade great scale look
Old 03-31-2008, 10:30 PM
paint-boy

I've tossed around the idea of building a "water chamber" around the head or possibly tightly wrapping thin walled aluminum tubing from the case all the way to the top of the head. Had thoughts about a electric pump to aid in cooling also...but thought I would do some "bench tests" first to see if they were needed.

As far as the counter rotating drive unit??? To be honest I had no idea there was a difference? Or are you pulling my leg? I just assumed if you needed to counter rotate one you could just input the opposite rotation? It certainly would be the "best case scenerio" if I could have it counter rotate. Obviously I can't change the direction of the engine...an internal swap of gears in the drive would be needed (and I'm sure parts like that are as easy to come by as a nice ex-girlfriend!)
Old 04-01-2008, 02:27 PM
joe rocket

All you have to do is change the gear from one side to the other on the propshaft. OS outboards turn a different rotation than most k&b's.I did have a counter rotating K&B but sold it .
Old 04-01-2008, 02:29 PM
specialk1

cut it like this

Name:	Ql34361.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	31.1 KB
ID:	919404   Click image for larger version

Name:	Af89660.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	22.6 KB
ID:	919405   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oh13323.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	42.1 KB
ID:	919406   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki19598.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	919407   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vq50525.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	919408  
Attached Images  
Old 04-01-2008, 02:39 PM
specialk1

All you have to do is change the gear from one side to the other on the propshaft. OS outboards turn a different rotation than most k&b's.I did have a counter rotating K&B but sold it .
yes that it true ..but he is running two 4 stroke YS 63S .inboard's.. if you have them running counter rotation you won't get cavitation.. some amps lower unit came that way

Name:	Hf10012.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	19.7 KB
ID:	919415   Click image for larger version

Name:	Av68982.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	919416  
Attached Images  
Old 04-01-2008, 03:27 PM
gas pump bill

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i really like that rrailer. i could put my baja /amps on it and pull i t with my verry old toyota bruiser by tamaia. i have had it under the bead in my spare bed rooms since my son got old enough to move out. its going to nead a fiew things.

Name:	Sq45606.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	147.6 KB
ID:	919436   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zu65579.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	149.6 KB
ID:	919437   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ns44061.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	147.4 KB
ID:	919438  
Old 04-01-2008, 05:36 PM
specialk1

ORIGINAL: gas pump bill

i really like that rrailer. i could put my baja /amps on it and pull i t with my verry old toyota bruiser by tamaia. i have had it under the bead in my spare bed rooms since my son got old enough to move out. its going to nead a fiew things.
http://video.aol.com/video-detail/ta...run/2507244848 this is mine bruiser
Old 04-01-2008, 06:33 PM
gas pump bill

thanks i enjoyed the video of your bruiser. its been over 20 years since my 3 rigs have seen day light.. when i started looking for parts i sudenly realized that i could buy the parts to finish my real street rod for less than the parts for one of these 2 . thanks for the link. bill payne
Old 04-01-2008, 07:54 PM
rcollector

Here is a bit of information on four strokes in boats in case anyone doesn't know. O.S produced four strokes several years back. The first ones were 40 size and had exposed rocker arms, later on they made them in 40 size and .61 size as shown.

Here is a picture of a package I have in my collection all new and never run (the outdrives have been mounted but never used). These are O.S. FS-61M's and yes the outdrtives are counter rotating units. I have seen this very combo mounted in International Hobbies Formula 402 Deep vees with the AMPS outdrives and I consider it the ultimate package for that boat.

Another little side note: You could also buy reverse ground cams for the os four strokes so you could counter rotate them in case the drives you were using did not.

Also I posted a picture of a modern O.S. Four stroke FS-.52 Surpass I water cooled myself.

Name:	Tr51360.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	919536   Click image for larger version

Name:	Id96176.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	919537  
Old 04-01-2008, 08:26 PM
specialk1

ORIGINAL: rcollector

Here is a bit of information on four strokes in boats in case anyone doesn't know. O.S produced four strokes several years back. The first ones were 40 size and had exposed rocker arms, later on they made them in 40 size and .61 size as shown.

Here is a picture of a package I have in my collection all new and never run (the outdrives have been mounted but never used). These are O.S. FS-61M's and yes the outdrtives are counter rotating units. I have seen this very combo mounted in International Hobbies Formula 402 Deep vees with the AMPS outdrives and I consider it the ultimate package for that boat.

Another little side note: You could also buy reverse ground cams for the os four strokes so you could counter rotate them in case the drives you were using did not.

Also I posted a picture of a modern O.S. Four stroke FS-.52 Surpass I water cooled myself.
[&:] as always you are so wise
Attached Images  
Old 04-01-2008, 08:36 PM
rcollector

Well, I don't know everything about this stuff but I have been collecting it for a while. I also got a lot of my AMPS stuff from people who used to run them and race them back when you could still get parts. I would ask a lot of questions about these motors and drives when ever I bought another motor from someone . If I know something about a subject here I will speak up.

joe rocket , I would sure like to see that video .
Old 04-01-2008, 08:39 PM
specialk1

like this one?exposed rocker arms/1982

Name:	Ca81901.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	21.3 KB
ID:	919567  
Old 04-01-2008, 08:41 PM
specialk1

Well, I don't know everything about this stuff but I have been collecting it for a while. I also got a lot of my AMPS stuff from people who used to run them and race them back when you could still get parts. I would ask a lot of questions about these motors and drives when ever I bought another motor from someone . If I know something about a subject here I will speak up.

joe rocket , I would sure like to see that video .
im going to take it from him a clean it up and put it on dvd for us AMPS fans

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.