Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Boat won't start

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Boat won't start

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2008, 09:40 PM
pcg33k

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boat won't start

Maybe somebody could help me out. My boat won't start I ran it Saturday with no problems as a matter of fact it ran great probably the best its run. Then Sunday I went to the pond again to run her and she wouldn't start. I tried loosening the glow plug to let any extra gas out, tried different glow plugs, tried priming the carb, tried tipping the boat upside down to let any extra fuel out but nothing is working. The only thing left is the glow driver, I'm thinking maybe my glow driver isn't charged up enough so I'm charging it tonight but if this doesn't work then I don't know what else to do. Any help???
Old 06-16-2008, 10:02 PM
Dreamin Hemi

Default RE: Boat won't start

From my years of glow powered airplane experiences, your probably correct in your assumption of your glow driver. I'll bet she starts right up once you have it charged!
Old 06-17-2008, 06:15 AM
vamp131

try your glow plug in the glow starter should be red or if you have a good one bright white hot sounds like your glow plug is dead i went thro 3 on sunday crap not buying them from e bay again lol well did get ten for£10 lol
Old 06-17-2008, 07:03 AM
GRANT ED

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If a glo engine decides not to start the first things to check are ignition and fuel. Make sure its got both. Check the glo plug. Pull it out and look at it. Does it look ok? You said you changed it so thats prob not an issue. Make sure ur glo driver works. I have to charge mine every day. I cant use it one day, leave it overnight and use it again.
Charge your driver and try again. If its still no good then we'll look at fuel. Let us know how you go.