Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Mean Machine

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 01:48 PM
pcg33k

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mean Machine

I'm thinking of buying the mean machine from aeromarine rc is this boat is to find hi-po parts for? Stuff like engines, headers, tuned pipes all the usual go fast stuff? What about engines what's the biggest you can stuff in one them?
Old 06-19-2008, 03:10 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: Mean Machine

The boat needs Hi-Po parts! The problem is that the stock motor mount is a lump of 'glas which makes it harder to do an engine swap.
The hull is the same size as other Aeromarine .21/.45 Cat's, just an underpowered version. The .45 can be a handful though.
You best bet if you really want to build one up for scootin' is to contact Aeromarine directly or www.funrcboats.com as they sell them without the engine and as a kit. If you want to go with a big honkin' engine in it, the .18 with the pipe/header you're going to toss anyway. The radio system isn't that hot either.
Old 06-19-2008, 03:16 PM
Dreamin Hemi

If it helps.....and you didn't hear it from me, but a couple years ago we had a huge flood here in Seaford, DE. Remy's shop was completely flooded and several hundred boats that were stored in his warehouse were damaged with the rising waters. Mostly Mean Machines. He has been selling them through his hobby shop for about $50 to $75 for a MM hull with some hardware, some rusted, some not. He lets you know it is a flood damaged hull, but we all know what happens when fiberglass gets wet......Heck I even almost picked up a few that had an engine that still turned over when you pulled the cord! Something you may want to ask about. Last time I was in the shop there maybe a month ago he still had a few hundred left.
Old 06-19-2008, 09:02 PM
pcg33k

Hey hemi,
does he have a website?
Old 06-20-2008, 03:29 AM
Dreamin Hemi

Here ya go buddy. [link=http://www.aeromarinerc.com]Aeromarine Laminates[/link]
Old 06-20-2008, 02:34 PM
beaverboy

I replaced the running gear in a Mean Machine with a plywood frame structure, OS18 CVR-M, MAC tuned pipe, M440 Prop, 1/4" brass stuffing tube and 3/16" flex shaft. (See my 7/9/2007 9:14:32 PM post) Opened up two scoops on the side of the canopy and fulled them with wire mesh and drilled cooling air exit hole on the rear of the canopy. It runs OK (Mid 30's) but I would recommend a healthy .21 engine. Any larger engine appears to be too big for the hull. There was an article in RC Boating several months ago about an LiPo electric conversion of a MM that reached 63 mph if I remember correctly. I've played around with front end weights in an attempt to eliminate blow-over in wind gusts.
Old 06-20-2008, 02:45 PM
Dreamin Hemi

Sounds nice....post a few pictures of your setup...several friends have this boat with the stock .18
Old 06-20-2008, 03:21 PM
beaverboy

Two pix attached. I replaced the rear cowl "rubber band" latches with "T" shaped pieces of aluminum and rare earth magnets. Works great!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw66996.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	974818   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oj27385.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	974819