Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

boat retrieval made simple

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

boat retrieval made simple

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2008, 05:57 PM
mopartybob

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default boat retrieval made simple

Hi y'all,did'nt want this one getting lost in the myriad of boat retrieval threads,here's my method that I have explained in those numerous posts,just never had a chance to get a vid. of it, as the comment in the caption states, "whether it's stuck at 50' or 300',this method makes it FAST and SIMPLE....... [8D] http://www.vimeo.com/1215399 vid. will upload shortly....
Old 06-22-2008, 07:02 PM
jerj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: boat retrieval made simple

I dont get it. its sapose to be simple you still need another boat. Try this idea. works out to 200' feet with a good reel.

ok you'll need a large bobber or two...then a series of rare earth magnets mine are 3/8 x 1/2" inchers. then separate the halves of the bobber glue two to three magnets on the lower inside think about balance and placement and the magnet poles when doing this...use the other magnets to hold in place as a clamp when glueing/epoxying...glue bobber back together. Then do the same in your boat thinking of water line and placement... the weight of the magnets should be negligible. I've posted a pic. please note if you cant figure this out and its outcome. you shouldn't have such a hobby. take care all, Jeremy

Old 06-22-2008, 07:12 PM
mopartybob

what don't cha get.... if you upgrade your electronics as i have and use an open face reel capable of sayyyy 150 yards(can you cast that far) then this IS the way to go,.... plus your STILL havin FUN with boats,instead of testing your stalled boats floatation or radio box proofness.... [:-]
Old 06-22-2008, 07:27 PM
jerj

ok I guess i dont get it... did the kid with the villian wrap a line around your boat? then you reeled it in?
Old 06-22-2008, 07:31 PM
jerj

I see. but you still need to lug around another boat, thats not that simple or cheap.
Old 06-22-2008, 07:41 PM
mopartybob

ORIGINAL: jerj

ok I guess i dont get it... did the kid with the villian wrap a line around your boat? then you reeled it in?
please note if you cant figure this out and its outcome. you shouldn't have such a hobby
Old 06-23-2008, 07:17 AM
jerj

Thanks for a taste of my own medicine.
Old 06-23-2008, 07:33 AM
TheTruckingGuru

Looks great. And having 2 boats makes sense. Or an inflatable raft or swim shorts and a towel
Old 06-23-2008, 09:48 AM
mopartybob

ORIGINAL: jerj

Thanks for a taste of my own medicine.
LOL.... ,It's all about havin fun jerj,the boat cost 20.00,the elec. I had layin around,Plus my son,has a lucrative side business with it,on any given weekend when the weather is nice,we get 15-20 boaters out there,my son puts out his little sign, BOAT RETRIEVAL services, and charges a buck for all day retrieval, it keeps him in bubble gum,and pays for my brewSKI....
Old 06-23-2008, 12:26 PM
cuzican

Thats a good idea. I usually have my 1:1 boat in the water so I can go out in open water away from people so retrieval isn't a big deal. But I have a tennis ball rigged onto a fishing pole for retrieval from shore.
Old 06-23-2008, 07:23 PM
jerj

I need to get me some of those money makin machines... "Kid Swim for it" I like that idea.. don't worry I tire a rope around them.. to funny I'll keep my eyes out for the cheapo electrics I just hate charging batteries...