Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
 How hard could it be to take pictures and drive the boat?(yes, pictures inside!) >

How hard could it be to take pictures and drive the boat?(yes, pictures inside!)

Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

How hard could it be to take pictures and drive the boat?(yes, pictures inside!)

Old 06-30-2008, 03:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How hard could it be to take pictures and drive the boat?(yes, pictures inside!)

Well finally after owning my BJ26 for over a year now and trying varoius drive gear settings I got this thing dialed and flying. Ran 6 tanks threw it yesterday with out a glitch. I was so excited that I wanted to take pictures and I decide that it couldnt be that hard to drive it and snap some picts with the Rebel SLR. The cowl flew off after I flipped it and it landed back up rite.......Well here are the pictures that werent fuzzy.

I would say its allmost twice as fast as with the stock .15. Upgrades are OS .18 and a grim prop with stock strudder. The pictures dont do the speed justice. I really like this boat and think it has a bad rap for some reason.
.Oh allmost forgot. This is what happens when your boat runs out of room as you're trying to take pictures of it going full throttle in an aproximate 100 yard wide pond.

I have a spare hull but this gives me a change to give fiberglass work a try. Going to the auto store later to pick up some fiberglass cloth, resin, and filler. I wanted to paint it a custom color nayways[:-]...lol!
Old 06-30-2008, 09:12 PM

Default RE: How hard could it be to take pictures and drive the boat?(yes, pictures inside!)

ouch!

davey
Old 07-01-2008, 05:45 AM

Default RE: How hard could it be to take pictures and drive the boat?(yes, pictures inside!)

You did a good job with the pics!
Too bad about the hull though
Old 07-01-2008, 01:43 PM

all I can say is ouch!!! I'd aways had sombody with me wial running my boats just incase I need pics or video shots or stranded boat. Heres two from my first nitro Miss Bud V tail! I have to get some of my Oberto but that person have to take the pics fast because its fast. Oh I got Mopartybobs blackjack to customize and paint!!! It will be trickedout when I'm done with it!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu61639.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	982165   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gb90834.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	94.9 KB
ID:	982166  
Old 07-01-2008, 10:20 PM

Nice picts Misshydro!

Hey, do you want this damaged hull? Pay for shipping and its your. I know you have ben wanting one of my hulls and I would feel bad selling one to you especially now that its busted. But knowing that your handy with the fiberglass and paint I'm sure you will do wonders with this one! PM me if your intersted. If you dont reply to this post I'll PM you later.
Old 07-01-2008, 11:24 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

You've still got to beat Wave Waker though. He not only drove his boat, took a picture of it but also radared the boat at the same time!
Too bad about your boat, that's why I drag my kid along. He either takes the pix or drives while I shoot.
Old 07-02-2008, 12:00 AM

hey losifiend, where do you run? i live in corona and i usually run at prado but that looks like a nice spot to run my vegas.

thanks,
Raymond
Old 07-02-2008, 09:22 PM

ORIGINAL: lineman1221

hey losifiend, where do you run? i live in corona and i usually run at prado but that looks like a nice spot to run my vegas.

thanks,
Raymond
THat park is at the intersection of Grand and Chino Hills Parkway here in Chino Hills. Do you have a NAMBA card? I was told you need one to run at the Prado. I have just been to lazy to send away for my card[&:]. I'll be moving to Chino off of Central here pretty soon but will still go to that location. Maybe once I step up to a gas boat I will hit up teh lake at the Prado.

Hit me up via PM if you want to run the boats at that pond. It would be fun! I'll be building my spare hull this weekend[>:]

Rafael