Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Nitro vee vrs Miss Vegas

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Nitro vee vrs Miss Vegas

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 05:50 PM
EricOnTheWeb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitro vee vrs Miss Vegas

Saw both of these on Tower for the same price, and they have the same engine. I bought a Nitro Vee.
I heard that the Nitro Vee was actually faster than the Miss Vegas in stock trim?

What is the better value for the same price?... Is the Miss Vegas "more" boat than the Vee or is it just a preference on wether you like Deep vees or hydros?..

As you can see, I'm a fussy shopper, lol
Old 07-09-2008, 06:55 PM
toddlupton

Default RE: Nitro vee vrs Miss Vegas

I couldn't help myself, I bought both a week apart. first the sv-27. Then the miss vegas. the sv-27 is damn fast but really likes calm water. The vegas is more stable in rougher water at high speeds. the sv-27 does great barrel rolls when it gets loose. the grim racer 40-52 3 blade prop is an unbelievable upgrade in performance for the sv. It"s so much fun it's making me snicker just thinking about it. trying to get an angle on a new body of water for this weekend.
Old 07-09-2008, 07:47 PM
EricOnTheWeb

^^ Damn, I can't wait till it gets here, and I really haven't heard anything bad about the Nitro vee at all.

Here comes the addiction, lol
Old 07-09-2008, 10:30 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

The Nitro-Vee and the Super-Vee 27 are two different animals altogether made by two differnt companies. Are you asking about the Aquacraft Super-Vee 27 or the Traxxas Nitro-Vee? I knew when the SV 27 came out there would be some confusion between the two. I've even caught myself calling them by the wrong name.
Old 07-10-2008, 07:32 AM
EricOnTheWeb

Hi, Ron.

Yeah I'm asking about the Aquacraft Nitro, sv-27. I did see the Traxx Nitro vee and that one has a clutch with some sort of electic spare motor.. I wish the Aquacraft had the clutch, but it's looks and reviews sold me to get one. They say it's a well built machine, and I can always start modding it to the way I want..

I never leave anything "as-Is" lol.
Old 07-10-2008, 07:54 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

The clutch from the Niro-Vee would be very difficult to install in a Super-Vee 27 as there isn't a lot of room as it is now in there.
There are two electric motors onboard a Nitro-Vee, one for the onboard stater and the other for the Return To Shore system. Both add up to a lot of weight.
Old 07-12-2008, 09:36 PM
potatoes

i have a miss vegas myself and i feel that it does handle better and also more stability due to the fact it has three points in the water rather than one like the nitro vee. if you ever need to upgrade your nitro vee you have a smaller space. if you want to upgrade the miss vegas you have a little space to stretch out.