Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
 ROD GERAGHTY CARB MODS >

ROD GERAGHTY CARB MODS

Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

ROD GERAGHTY CARB MODS

Old 07-17-2008, 10:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ROD GERAGHTY CARB MODS

I just sent payment off for a rebuilt Novarossi C.21SS that has a "Rod Geraghty" black modified carb. Anyone know what he does to mod his carbs? RON??
Old 07-17-2008, 10:46 AM
My Feedback: (8)

Default RE: ROD GERAGHTY CARB MODS

I'm not sure what he does but I'm sure it will scream!
Old 07-17-2008, 11:57 AM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Oh, I get named in another thread!
I'm not sure exactly what he does to the carbs but it may involve boring it out slightly but not too much to match the engine. Some will remove a low-speed needle or cut them just a little to make them run a little richer at the bottom end.
I did talk to Rod once as he called my house! I about crapped when I saw his name come up on my caller ID. We got a to talking about .12 powered boats as he helped out in working on Glenn Quarles' record setting 'rigger.
I hope that you're getting a real Rod Geraghty carb as some people on eBay have been known to sell carbs that weren't done by him.
If it's a Black carb it very well could be one from a K&B that has been tweaked on and possibly adapted to fit the Nova Rossi. Rod used to mod the NR's also so maybe you got really lucky and he did up the whole engine! If so, hang onto your shorts as that baby would scoot then!
Old 07-17-2008, 12:11 PM

TCHedOff,

you bought that carb (engine and carb) from Rodney Pierce on IW.

Don't worry, you are getting the real deal.

Like Ron said, Rod Geraghty is one heck of a guy and well worth to take the time to speak too over the phone.

The carb your getting is bored to .295, normally black carbs have a bore of .265, there is more to it than putting a drill bit and making the bore bigger, Rod flow bench them to ensure max performance.

you got yourself a race engine at a good price.

Dan.
Old 07-17-2008, 06:46 PM

Thanks Dan & Ron!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have alleviated my fears.... I went to Rod's member site and read about people messing up his work and then complaining (to him) AFTER I sent the check out this am!!! ARG.

AND I tried to call Rod - LM....AND PM'ed him.

Interestingly Rod is near Eau Claire Wi - about a 1 1/2 to 2 hr drive from me. If he contacts me I might see if I can swing by his way this summer.

Now I gotta get me a rigger to put it in - I like the Jag 3 - but not out yet for .21
The other is an Andy's latest SGX (man I WISH I could afford the ones that he personally tests!)