Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

New .21 Rigger coming out - a Jag 3

Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

New .21 Rigger coming out - a Jag 3

Old 07-17-2008, 07:38 PM
TCHedOff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New .21 Rigger coming out - a Jag 3

Just an FYI for those who might be interested. There is a new rigger coming out and should be available soon called the Jag 3. Evidently it is an Andy brown based design and he has offered input on it according to the mfr. I was told to try back in 3 weeks to see if the 1st one is available. It going to be offered as an 80% complete and 90% complete kit. The 90% should be about $435.00 US - he wasnt sure of the price of the 80% complete (talked to him on when he was the road). The prototype was heavier than they liked, so they are changing the wood thickness in places to get down to @ 3.5 lbs.

Any one know the weight of an SGX and SGX 1?
Old 07-20-2008, 07:22 AM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: New .21 Rigger coming out - a Jag 3

If it is based on an Andy Brown design, it's an older one from before he started CMDi as he did work for someone else.
I kind of doubt that Andy or John have given them any help on the latest incarnation as it would be in competition with their own boats. Andy's got enough on his plate right now with the new line of CNC props and working on getting things rolling on the A/A engines.
Old 07-20-2008, 11:16 AM
TCHedOff

I havent spoken with Andy. I'm just taking "bobthebuilder"'s word on this over at IW - he acquired the plans etc to build this boat. As I understood him, the Jag 1 was built w/Andy's advice (by another mfr - now defunct), on the Jag 2 "they" didnt listen to Andy advice and put out another version, and the Jag 3 has been redesigned w/Andy's advice. But I get your point about a conflict of interest. To keep things open & honest, I'll contact Bob & Andy to see if they will give us their 2 cents. I dont want to give mis-information.
Old 07-20-2008, 05:26 PM
jaguar hydros

lets start by saying the jaguars were started by andy and tidwater. also i did talk to him about the jags and what he thought andy is not going to turn any help down its more hardware sales for him and other things that go with any riggers. he even stated when we were talking if i need anything else give him a call but i rather do it on my own .if you look on his web site he talks some on when the jags came out. it dont even look like andys jag any more. if you talk to some well known racers they say the thats were the eagles were born from some of the jag design dont know that for sure but heard it alot it dont matter anyway just trying to come out with a user friendly rigger anyway stu barr and steve ball has been the most help and hats oo to them....................................Bob
Old 07-22-2008, 04:26 PM
TCHedOff

I just read adwata's post and am wondering if he was referring to this thread. for the record: I AM IN NO WAY AFFILIATED WITH THE MFR OF THE JAG LINE OF BOATS. I'm simply a boating enthusiast in north central Minnesota.... and my 1st boat was a Miss Bud 1/12th and my questions can easily be found by searching this forum for TCHedOFF. Ron and several others provided invaluable advice.

I only put the Jag out as an option... there are very few riggers to choose from if one doesnt want to build it and who wants to run the same boat as everyone else? I LIKE to be different. Now to email just addwata!
Old 07-22-2008, 04:37 PM
TCHedOff

justadwata's PM isnt working.... Hopefully he'll read this disclaimer from me.... as for mentioning the pricing - didnt know you couldnt do that - sorry.