Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

How can I upgrade my Blackjack 26 nitro?

Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

How can I upgrade my Blackjack 26 nitro?

Old 08-09-2008, 07:38 PM
WILDGAS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How can I upgrade my Blackjack 26 nitro?

I need to upgrade my BJ 26 nitro, How can I do this? My u-join is broken and It is very bad.

Old 08-10-2008, 01:39 AM
pissedoffpete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How can I upgrade my Blackjack 26 nitro?

Twisted Liquid Racing sold a replacement for Stock outdrive. It was a flex cable drive with seperate rudder. They are not available. Aeromarine sells setup for about $100. A stock driveshaft and u joint is about $14. I have ran over a gallon of fuel thru mine and it is still together. I have a replacement ready because it looks ready to go. Have you had flange seperate on exhaust header yet? Mine did after about 4 tanks. Luckily I had a tool to flare pipe. The pressure outlet on exhaust also vibrated loose. My first clue was nut sticking in end of exhaust pipe. I finally glued nut and fitting. I have ordered a GOEngine.18 I understand it bolts right in to mounts, flywheel, collet and exhaust manifold. It also leaks water and fuel and make sure tuned pipe is hooked up to exhaust manifold. Plastic zip ties come loose. Other than that I like how it looks. When engine runs good, the boat runs very nice. When not, boat dissapoints. I like mine and plan on upgrades and love the looks but I would definitely not reccomend it to a first time boater. I understand OS engine may be best upgrade but a little pricey. You can also get the GO engine out of hong kong with shipping for about $75. I got mine from US seller