Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
 Atlas Van Lines 18" Decal Sheet >

Atlas Van Lines 18" Decal Sheet

Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Atlas Van Lines 18" Decal Sheet

Old 08-13-2008, 07:34 AM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Atlas Van Lines 18" Decal Sheet

Would anyone have a decal sheet for the 18" Dumas Atlas Van Lines hydro they could scan so I can print my own decal? I have a set of outline templates for the kit but nothing else such as the decal sheet or the cowl.

Maybe someone knows a website with a clear logo I can copy?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zw69373.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	73.8 KB
ID:	1010510   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oj27011.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	17.3 KB
ID:	1010511  
Old 08-13-2008, 08:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Atlas Van Lines 18" Decal Sheet

Hey Jetpack,

I would like to have a copy of the wood cutouts if it's possible. I have wanted to build that hull for a long time. As for the decals, have you contacted Dumas? They might have some new old stock, who knows. Good luck,

Scott
Old 08-13-2008, 04:53 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Atlas Van Lines 18" Decal Sheet

Hi Scott,

I contacted Dumas about them without any luck. Anything concerning this kit from Dumas is unobtainable. I cant even get the 1/8" driveshaft, which is longer than any they offer right now. They suggest I look on eBay. I can tell this is going to be a back shelf project for awhile. I went ahead and suggested they re-issue this kit again, but doesn't look like that possibility will happen.

This boat is the first one I built long time ago as a teen, and wanted to build it again but eBay prices are over $80 sometimes just for the kit. The cowls can be carved out without much problem, but the decals and if you wanted a full copy of the cowl is a tough one.

The templates at this point are part pieces that are traced in light pencil and not cut out of the paper that my buddy traced on. None of the sheeting was traced at all, including the bottom, all I have are the bulkheads and chines. Would you still be interested? It's not too much of a problem to measure up the parts and find out what sizes to start with sheeting.

BTW, I seen on eBay that Dumas has a closeout special on all of their remaining solid mahogany sheets they use for their Chris-Craft kits and all of their balsa which is used for their expansive balsa airplane lineup. It looks like to me they might be closing up shop???