Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
 Go-Engines..? any reviews..? >

Go-Engines..? any reviews..?

Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Go-Engines..? any reviews..?

Old 09-08-2008, 08:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Go-Engines..? any reviews..?

nice looking but do they perform? please start thread here thanks all.
Old 09-08-2008, 10:37 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: Go-Engines..? any reviews..?

There's already existing threads on this engine: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/sear...D&sortMethod=d
Old 09-09-2008, 11:22 AM

Hi Ron,
There might be alot of threads for GO engines, but nobody replies to the question "are they any good". I would like to know if they any good too. I would like to get the .21 Go engine for my Miss Vegas.
Old 09-11-2008, 05:26 AM

Hey there. I recently purchased a go .18 for my sv27 and just finished the install. Long story short, I brought it to my man at the lhs to have it deburred and to see what if any improvements can be made. When I went to pick it up he was very surprised at the quality. Head has a double bubble to it, very nice, he said that there was barely any flashing or burs to clean up, it was built tough, and the bearings were very good qual. At first quick glance he thought it was a Rossi. I asked him to mod it for me, which he did. He said the only design flaw really was that the piston was a little too tall. He shortened it just a bit...can't remeber how much off the top of my head....we're talking thousandths....anyways, he cleaned up/scribed the ports, up a small bit on timing, skirted piston, port matched, knifed the crank/conrod, lapped the piston for painless break-in, your standard issue mods really, and I will tell you, the engine is a screamer and so far and is easy to tune. The first full throttle pass definitely got my attention and I am more than pleased with the performance. The capability for insane power with these engines is there. The only time she stalled on me so far was when I ran outta fuel. Haven't had to change the plug yet, same plug as the original I started break in (3 tanks) with. I have 2 tanks of 50% thru it now-post break in so I don't really have a long term report for you, but my initial impressions and those of my man at the lhs have him doing dealer inquiries now. He couldn't believe such an engine was available for just over 100.00. I never ran it stock as deburring a new engine is important to me, and so is hauling the mail, (stock isn't a word to me) but I can assure you that these little gems are capable of making tons of power. It's sikk actually. It's safe to say their hp claims are fairly close. This little mod .18 of mine is a screamer, and just like any engine, if you take care of it, it will take care of you. But to answer your question, out of the box, a pro was impressed with the overall quality of the engine and wants to become a dealer. Check out my build on the SV27 nitro thread if you want...last page has pictures. Hope this helps a little bit. -Will
**edit**The throttle arm is plastic and I didn't like it being flexible...I switched it out with a metal arm from an old carb and replaced the linkage with a nylon clevis/2-56 rod. Much better connection and more accurate.**
Old 09-12-2008, 06:22 PM

That was enough for me. I just bought the standard .28 go engine for my thundercat 31, we'll see how she goes, I'll keep you all posted I think by next week it should be in the water.